Mark's Swedish Dane!

For any subject - air, land, sea, military, civil - in any scale of anything in Scandinavian (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland) use or markings.
GB runs 18th November to 31st December and your host is planecrazyman61.
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!

Post by MarkyM607 »

Anyway, can't sort the airbrush now so brush painting it. Not too bad but will need to re-do the dark lines and looks unlikely to be finished before the deadline either. :sad:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Bet it's still looking good mate
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Kitaholic wrote:Bet it's still looking good mate
Thanks!!, however more by luck than judgement she's got a very worn look now!! :lol: Pics later hopefully....
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

The first picture the paint is still wet somewhat. I think I've made it worse to be honest. If I can I'll spray a solid light green coat and re-do the pre-shading which is all but gone on the top!!.

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

A good try, Mark and this is a weathering technique that I find difficult. As of yet, I've never managed pre-shading to my satisfaction. I either smother the effect with the first application of top coat or put on a thinner top coat, think that the pre-shade looks too overdone and then overcompensate with more top coat and end up smothering the effect, etc, etc, - you get the picture :roll: . Best of luck having another crack at it.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

ShaunW wrote:A good try, Mark and this is a weathering technique that I find difficult. As of yet, I've never managed pre-shading to my satisfaction. I either smother the effect with the first application of top coat or put on a thinner top coat, think that the pre-shade looks too overdone and then overcompensate with more top coat and end up smothering the effect, etc, etc, - you get the picture :roll: . Best of luck having another crack at it.
We seem to be twins at this, that's pretty much what I end up doing, as evidenced by the photos!!.
Also, thanks, Rob Van Riel has offered me a new airbrush so hopefully it will allow me to have another go!!. :grin:
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

MarkyM607 wrote:
ShaunW wrote:A good try, Mark and this is a weathering technique that I find difficult. As of yet, I've never managed pre-shading to my satisfaction. I either smother the effect with the first application of top coat or put on a thinner top coat, think that the pre-shade looks too overdone and then overcompensate with more top coat and end up smothering the effect, etc, etc, - you get the picture :roll: . Best of luck having another crack at it.
We seem to be twins at this, that's pretty much what I end up doing, as evidenced by the photos!!.
Also, thanks, Rob Van Riel has offered me a new airbrush so hopefully it will allow me to have another go!!. :grin:
That's very good of him and I hope it works well for you as your initial effort was looking promising. My foul ups listed above, however, were with using an airbrush - goodness knows how much of a mess I'd make with a paint brush, the world's best brush painter I am certainly not :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

ShaunW wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:
That's very good of him and I hope it works well for you as your initial effort was looking promising. My foul ups listed above, however, were with using an airbrush - goodness knows how much of a mess I'd make with a paint brush, the world's best brush painter I am certainly not :ha:
It is, and I hope to repay his kindness by doing somewhere near a respectable job!!. I've only eroded my fear and whatever of Airbrushes over the last few years so hopefully I can add it to and complement my hairy stick use rather than replace it totally. :grin:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Although I still intend to use the airbrush Rob has kindly given me, I have bought some flat shaped brushes from a local art and office shop. I've re-done the lines on all surfaces. Doesn't look too bad.
On the picture I'm basing this on, the lines are quite distinct from the overall colour and so I don't want them to be feint. However they do look a little hard edged even with my new brushes. Might see how good I can use this airbrush and fuzz them up a bit. :grin:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Think this is now a DNF but will try and finish her tonight!. :grin:
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

A very good effort Marky. look forward to seeing her completed.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Thanks OT. This is how she will probably finish today...

The tiny little wheels under the tail are interesting to make in this scale. One of them fell to the floor and I was sure the Carpet Monster had it for a snack. Eventually my torch and I found it before he consumed it!!!. It's only about 1 1/2 mm wide so it was a result to be sure. :grin:
planecrazyman61

Post by planecrazyman61 »

hi marky if you have had time to complete don't forget to post some pics in the gallery of completions,if fact it looks near as damit to me stick it in anyway even if you haven't had time to finish it off :)
cheers craig
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

planecrazyman61 wrote:hi marky if you have had time to complete don't forget to post some pics in the gallery of completions,if fact it looks near as damit to me stick it in anyway even if you haven't had time to finish it off :)
cheers craig
I'll see what I can do tonight. It needs the u/c painting as well as the doors and the canopy attached. Other than that it's done!!.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

I'm afraid it's a DNF. I have a little bit to do but I will try and get it done tomorrow and post it asap. :grin: I have enjoyed this GB as I said, it's a different country to that which I usually do. :grin:

Return to “The Scandinavian(+) GB”