Mark's Swedish Dane!

For any subject - air, land, sea, military, civil - in any scale of anything in Scandinavian (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland) use or markings.
GB runs 18th November to 31st December and your host is planecrazyman61.
MarkyM607
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Mark's Swedish Dane!

Post by MarkyM607 »

I've recovered the only (I think) Scandinavian stuff I have. At least the Swedish stuff. I will see if I've got anything else but so far I have:-
Heller F-35/RF-35/TF-35 Draken (Sweden and Denmark colours)
Airfix SAAB Viggen (Sweden)
Airfix SAAB Draken (Sweden).
Although I can/could change the colour schemes as others than Sweden had them!!. :grin:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
planecrazyman61

Re: Mark's Swedish Dane!

Post by planecrazyman61 »

hi mark welcome to the GB, is your heller draken an early boxing ,i have a later boxing and the outer wings and fin were full of sinkhole's which had to be filled and sanded acouple of times losing any raised detail which is a shame as the rest of the kit has nicely done raised panel lines so i hope yours is the earlier boxing
cheers craig
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

planecrazyman61 wrote:hi mark welcome to the GB, is your heller draken an early boxing ,i have a later boxing and the outer wings and fin were full of sinkhole's which had to be filled and sanded acouple of times losing any raised detail which is a shame as the rest of the kit has nicely done raised panel lines so i hope yours is the earlier boxing
cheers craig
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look later and see when it was released. Hope it's not too bad!. :grin:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

planecrazyman61 wrote:hi mark welcome to the GB, is your heller draken an early boxing ,i have a later boxing and the outer wings and fin were full of sinkhole's which had to be filled and sanded acouple of times losing any raised detail which is a shame as the rest of the kit has nicely done raised panel lines so i hope yours is the earlier boxing
cheers craig
I've checked the parts you mentioned and I think I've got lucky with them, they seem fine.. Yay.
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Sorry for the lack of pics, not much to report. Here's one of progress so far!....
Cockpit and IP are in...
planecrazyman61

hi so you went with the heller draken then ,can only see 1 seat so i'm assuming you building it as a F35 or RF35 ,which markings are you going to use Swedish or Danish
cheers craig
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

planecrazyman61 wrote:hi so you went with the heller draken then ,can only see 1 seat so i'm assuming you building it as a F35 or RF35 ,which markings are you going to use Swedish or Danish
cheers craig
Yes, Heller one for this build. If my mojo and awake-ness (not a real word I know), keep going I might tackle the Airfix Viggen and/or Draken. I'm doing this Heller one as an RF-35. Probably Danish markings for this seeing as I've put it in the post title! :lol:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Still tired but made myself go sit in my model room last two nights. Got some Marines going and did a little more on the Draken...

Think it will need some nose weight?..... :grin:
planecrazyman61

nice progress with the draken Mark i like the look of the RF variant did the draken carry any weapons on the Danish recon planes
craig
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

planecrazyman61 wrote:nice progress with the draken Mark i like the look of the RF variant did the draken carry any weapons on the Danish recon planes
craig
I'll have to look that up but in general I don't think many Recon planes carried any weapons, unless they had an internal gun from their pure fighter days. :grin:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

planecrazyman61 wrote:nice progress with the draken Mark i like the look of the RF variant did the draken carry any weapons on the Danish recon planes
craig
Thanks by the way!. :grin:
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Good start, Mark, that shape is so iconic. Looking at the placement of the main gear bays and how much fuselage is behind them, I would agree that she might need some weight in her nose!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

ShaunW wrote:Good start, Mark, that shape is so iconic. Looking at the placement of the main gear bays and how much fuselage is behind them, I would agree that she might need some weight in her nose!
Thanks!. Yes, she does get wider the farther back you go!!. I always say if there is more than 50% of the aircraft behind the main wheels then you need nose weight!. :grin:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Progress has been forced!!. In so much as I have made myself not go to sleep for half an hour and make some models!!!. :lol:
A weight off my mind and on the Draken's nose!!. Liquid gravity this time.
The nose cone comes in two parts anyway, but the Recce nose has a clear under part for the camera nose area.
And finally some filler along the joins, I've used tape this time to try and protect the surrounding surface. Yeah, that's right, I'm embracing advancements!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Made myself do at least half an hour's modelling the last few days, enjoying a little work and the Draken has benefitted as a result. Even fired up the airbrush!!!.
A bit of pre-shading!!...
And the airbrushes work... Not sure if it needs a second coat, missed a little bit on the left wing. I think I needed a lighter colour to match the picture put up here..

Return to “The Scandinavian(+) GB”