Miniart 1/35 Russian Artillery Crew

This is a "get your feet wet" GB for figures and busts for those who have been reluctant to try or want to expand their skills. Any era, any scale, any subject -- even supporting vehicles/equipment are allowed, say in a diorama/vignette.
This GB runs from 1st January to 11th February and your host is rob_van_riel.
planecrazyman61
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Miniart 1/35 Russian Artillery Crew

Post by planecrazyman61 »

Hi will be joining this GB with the 1/35 Russian Artillery Crew from Miniart which are to be posed with a Zis-3 Field Gun that will be built at the same time ,i might attempt to repose the figures in more relaxed positions

craig
rob_van_riel

Re: Miniart 1/35 Russian Artillery Crew

Post by rob_van_riel »

planecrazyman61 wrote:Hi will be joining this GB with the 1/35 Russian Artillery Crew from Miniart which are to be posed with a Zis-3 Field Gun that will be built at the same time ,i might attempt to repose the figures in more relaxed positions
Welcome again, and thanks for checking in.
While I appreciate your willingness to hack these figures into what you have in mind, rather than the producer, I can't help wondering if you would not have been better served by the old Italaerei set, more recently by Zvezda. Quite nice, but old, and no longer that easy to find, although there's still one on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVELL-SOVIE ... SwETJaR7H6;

Or you could do both, and have the option of displaying the gun both at rest and at work :-D
planecrazyman61

hi here are the sprue shots of the field gun and artillery crew

have made a start on the gun first so i can get an idea as to where and how to position the figures with the artillery

the wheels were made up of 6 parts each and the tread on them doesn't look good
cheers craig
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Not that I'm really one to talk after my own bout of inactivity, but you've been very quiet for a few weeks. Are you still in the game? If so, is there anything anyone here can do to help you get rolling again?
planecrazyman61

was gonna build the gun up 1st but now started to put together the figures

Tis but a scratch!
built up over the last 2 nights the miniart figures fit well and will only require a smear of filler and a light sand of the joints, i did play about with the limbs to see if i would be able to pose them relaxed and sat around but didn't alter them in the end ,they will be primed (when i get a can) and maybe sprayed black (for shadow) before hand painting.
cheers craig

Return to “Figures & Busts”