Werners 14th birthday, Berlin 1945 **FINISHED**

This is a "get your feet wet" GB for figures and busts for those who have been reluctant to try or want to expand their skills. Any era, any scale, any subject -- even supporting vehicles/equipment are allowed, say in a diorama/vignette.
This GB runs from 1st January to 11th February and your host is rob_van_riel.
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Werners 14th birthday, Berlin 1945 **FINISHED**

Post by Purplethistle »

One of my original ideas I had for this G.B. without having a specific base figure in mind, it just so happens that one of the unused Racing Team figures provides a suitable victim. Now all I have to do is attempt to portray the War in Europe in its final days using a single figure.
(the tyre changing guy)

"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
Purplethistle

Re: Werewolf in the ruins

Post by Purplethistle »

The main body parts. Everything else will need to be scratched

iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Intriguing........ :???:

As ever with your work PT, for those like me of limited imagination, all will come clear at the end; in the meantime I shall watch and learn! :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Think the helmet gives it away, interesting to see where you are taking it
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Kitaholic wrote:Think the helmet gives it away, interesting to see where you are taking it
A bit, but all the signs were already there, I think. The Werewolf units were insurgents set up by the more fanatical Germans when it became obvious that Germany was going to get overrun, to launch partizan style attacks behind the lines of the advancing allies. Unless he has me completely fooled, he's building a member of one of those.
Of course, he might also turn him into an actual werewolf, you never know :-D
TimJ

Post by TimJ »

When I saw the title I had thoughts of Lon Chaney Jr lurking behind some ruins but having seen the photos I think Rob is probably right.
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:4 B:4 C:13
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Actually the 'Werewolf' bit might be my memory misleading me as to which units used that title, I may have misremembered it from a work of fiction. Whatever! You seem to have the gist of it, the only part that will be any kind of cliffhanger will be how I can create the maximum effect from a scene with only one model figure ;-)
iggie wrote:Intriguing........ :???:

As ever with your work PT, for those like me of limited imagination, all will come clear at the end; in the meantime I shall watch and learn! :-D
You do yourself a disservice Iggie! One of your dioramas has inspired several ideas in me, namely the Sealion ones. That one you did of the Panzer, 'Lost in France' was so effective in it's finished photo that it even has an influence on how I'm hoping to give this one maximum impact :-D
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Herman takes shape....
general rocket

Post by general rocket »

You remember apparently correctly P.T. The werewolves where to have been military units that would have fought a guerrilla war in the event of Germany losing the war. However, the organization was so badly set up, that they would have been ineffective, and most units realised this, and surrendered when their leadership disappeared.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
iggie

Post by iggie »

Purplethistle wrote:Actually the 'Werewolf' bit might be my memory misleading me as to which units used that title, I may have misremembered it from a work of fiction. Whatever! You seem to have the gist of it, the only part that will be any kind of cliffhanger will be how I can create the maximum effect from a scene with only one model figure ;-)
iggie wrote:Intriguing........ :???:

You do yourself a disservice Iggie! One of your dioramas has inspired several ideas in me, namely the Sealion ones. That one you did of the Panzer, 'Lost in France' was so effective in it's finished photo that it even has an influence on how I'm hoping to give this one maximum impact :-D
You are too kind Sir! :oops:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

I don't have a 1/16 Kar 98 or a Panzerfaust so have to scratch some.

Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

The aforementioned ruins.....

Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Ok, the easy bit of converting a racing team figure to a uniformed and armed German soldier is done. Now I just have to show him looking terrified but at the same time show what is the cause of the fear within the self imposed parameters of trying to 'Paint the biggest picture using the smallest canvas'
.....however, I do have a cunning plan :-D
Purplethistle

Re: Werners 14th birthday, Berlin 1945 **FINISHED**

Post by Purplethistle »

On his 14th birthday, Werner gets a panzerfaust from The Fuhrer and is sent out to defend Berlin from the Soviet tanks.

Purplethistle

Re: Werners 14th birthday, Berlin 1945 **FINISHED**

Post by Purplethistle »

The T34 is supposed to be the reflection on the glass of the door. ( a photocopy of a T34 picture on clear acetate) a way to show the fear and the source of the fear :-D
I wasn't happy that the 1/16 helmet, which was supposed to look ridiculously big on the boy......didn't really!
it also made him look older and kinda hid the wide eyed expression that is at odds with how I usually do eyes,
so here's one without the helmet on that will hopefully show his youth.

Return to “Figures & Busts”