Sign-up and Chat

UAMFs signature GB, Winter edition.
Runs 1-28 Feb and your host is Jssel.
rob_van_riel
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by rob_van_riel »

splash wrote:A303
That must be some vehicle you have. My charts give 3374km/h as the speed limit for a 303 :-D
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

Just a quick question: is priming the sprues before starting out considered OK? This is one environment where I'd appreciate the speed of acrylics, but those don't like their plastic bare all that much :roll:
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

It has been a very busy month so far but I reckon I can squeeze in a Blitzbau tomorrow from around mid-day.
Subject - a 1/32 Revell aircraft as usual for me!
Currently thinking the Tropical Hawker Hurricane, but may just do the Battle of Britain one - I have both boxings in the stash.
See you 2moz.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

beany wrote:It has been a very busy month so far but I reckon I can squeeze in a Blitzbau tomorrow from around mid-day.
Subject - a 1/32 Revell aircraft as usual for me!
Currently thinking the Tropical Hawker Hurricane, but may just do the Battle of Britain one - I have both boxings in the stash.
See you 2moz.
That'll be worth a watch whichever version you go for, Al. I recall your 1/32nd Revell Me-262 blitz turned out nicely.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
fredk

Post by fredk »

rob_van_riel wrote:Just a quick question: is priming the sprues before starting out considered OK? This is one environment where I'd appreciate the speed of acrylics, but those don't like their plastic bare all that much :roll:
No, it is not OK
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

fredk wrote:
rob_van_riel wrote:Just a quick question: is priming the sprues before starting out considered OK?
No, it is not OK
Well, that's that then. I barely made it past drying time problems in Blitz XIX, and that was with the help of an enthousiastic summer sun. No such help will be forthcoming this time of year :sad:
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

I have a free weekend so can indulge myself with a single Blitz starting tomorrow afternoon at 15.15 hrs.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Nice choice David; that should be a straightforward build..... unless you are planning anything special? :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nice one, David, it's good to see a P-51C as a change to the more commonly built D model. What's the "ground vehicle" included in the kit? a Jeep?
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

Jim, I will be using the kit markings to represent the preserved P-51C with the Fantasy of Flight collection aircraft restored in the same markings as those shown on the box lid and yes it is a Jeep Shaun, but it will not be part of the blitz and will join the stash. The sprues have been washed, the civil registration decals were printed out previously as part of a number of identities prepared for future use and are now cut from the sheet ready to be used here.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Hi it has been awhile since I have been modelling thought of maybe mucking up a Spitfire MK1a there is the review I did of it:

http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=16347;

Is there still time? How do sign up? Rules?

I did my first Blitzbau of a corsiar...I mucked it up good haha. Foggy canopy and blue bombs or drops tanks not olive drab Opps....

jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Hi Michael>

Here are the guideline as posted here: http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16641;

The Blitzbau (BB) - A signature UAMF event

A Blitzbau is an independent event, not related to SB or GB, run in February and August. They are a calendar month long to enable participants to schedule their 'blitz' (or blitzes) when most convenient.

Each participant is expected to complete a kit of their choice, to a standard of their choosing, in a 24-hour period, with periodic (hourly or so) photo updates. There is a 'senior' (or 'wuss') option that allows the 24-hours to be split into two roughly equal periods with not more than 12 hours, preferably less, between them. There are no exceptions, excuses, extensions.

Extra non-credit karma is given for the clock used, food and drink consumed, music and videos, and other events in/around the work area. Forum Rules still apply !

A Blitzbau is all about participation and chatter from everyone, not just those who might be blitz-ing. It's fun .... try it out, just don't try too much the first time … But it is also fun to push your limits.

The keys to a Blitzbau are Planning and Time Management.
-- Look at your model - instructions, parts, painting, decaling - all you want beforehand.
-- Write down a simple plan; the kit instruction sequence may not be ideal for a Blitz.
-- Ensure you have all the useable paint (look in the pot), tools, glues, and aftermarket you need - before the clock starts.
-- Don't forget that you have to make regular progress posts with pictures and interact with other folks blitzing at the same time.

I feel with 10 hours to go Eastern Standard Time I would think about the next Blitzbau in August 2018.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Michael modeller 48

Post by Michael modeller 48 »

Thanks Jeff
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Well guys, calling this Blitz finished. Appreciate the participation. Some first timers and old salts in this one.

Thanks again and I will have John put the ribbon on .
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Great fun as always thanks for leading it, well done to everyone taking part, building or supporting.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “Blitzbau XXII”