Sign-up and Chat

UAMFs signature GB, Winter edition.
Runs 1-28 Feb and your host is Jssel.
mjatx
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by mjatx »

Count me in. Not sure when, or what, but I think I'm ready for a quick little Blitz. I've got a couple small armor pieces I could do, or possibly ANOTHER Mig-15, which I think would be my third Mig-15 blitz.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I was going to start this Saturday but for some reason the nice law enforcement officers in Somerset think my time would be better spent doing doing a Driver Speed Awareness course on Saturday :oops:

So a late Saturday or early Sunday start looks good to me :-D building some form of 1/72 AFV possibly even a scratch build conversion for a Churchill that I’m thinking of.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
iggie

Post by iggie »

splash wrote:I was going to start this Saturday but for some reason the nice law enforcement officers in Somerset think my time would be better spent doing doing a Driver Speed Awareness course on Saturday :oops:

So a late Saturday or early Sunday start looks good to me :-D building some form of 1/72 AFV possibly even a scratch build conversion for a Churchill that I’m thinking of.
Not the camera on the downhill run on the 303 before the bakery near RNAS? :oops: That was the last place that got me, although about 8 years ago now!

And scratchbuild, Blitz? Are you sure? :shock:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

iggie wrote:
splash wrote:I was going to start this Saturday but for some reason the nice law enforcement officers in Somerset think my time would be better spent doing doing a Driver Speed Awareness course on Saturday :oops:

Not the camera on the downhill run on the 303 before the bakery near RNAS? :oops: That was the last place that got me, although about 8 years ago now!

A303 Illminster by-pass, sneaky mobile unit hiding on a flyover. :frown:

I was thinking of scratch building a Churchill 3in Gun Carrier as the turret is just slab sided, but I have a couple of days to give me time to see sense :-D
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Alan! You been a bad boy? Looking forward to your build.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Hmm, IIRC this might be a never-before used excuse for a Blitzbau :)
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
iggie

Post by iggie »

splash wrote:
iggie wrote:

A303 Illminster by-pass, sneaky mobile unit hiding on a flyover. :frown:

I was thinking of scratch building a Churchill 3in Gun Carrier as the turret is just slab sided, but I have a couple of days to give me time to see sense :-D
Ah, I remember that one...... as you say, a difficult one to spot!
Have fun at the Awareness Course :ha:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
jssel

Post by jssel »

@Splash. Here in the States , if you cause an accident or speeding, you get a “civil infraction” citation. Attend a day long class on defensive driving and the event is not reported to insurance carrier or get points on your license. Oh. The ticket fine is $150 USD.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

jssel wrote:@Splash. Here in the States , if you cause an accident or speeding, you get a “civil infraction” citation. Attend a day long class on defensive driving and the event is not reported to insurance carrier or get points on your license. Oh. The ticket fine is $150 USD.
It’s similar over this side of the pond you get the option of a fine and points on your license or pay less than the fine, attend the training and get no points.

I think it’s a good idea and is more effective than just a warning.

Do you think if I get caught speeding on the way back and use the excuse that I’m rushing home to start a Blitz they will let me off? :-D
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Heres a crazy Idea, would anyone be mad enough to tackle either a 1/72 SR-71 Blackbird or 1/72 Sukhoi T-50 on a Blitzbou?
iggie

Post by iggie »

splash wrote:
jssel wrote:@Splash. Here in the States , if you cause an accident or speeding, you get a “civil infraction” citation. Attend a day long class on defensive driving and the event is not reported to insurance carrier or get points on your license. Oh. The ticket fine is $150 USD.
It’s similar over this side of the pond you get the option of a fine and points on your license or pay less than the fine, attend the training and get no points.

I think it’s a good idea and is more effective than just a warning.

Do you think if I get caught speeding on the way back and use the excuse that I’m rushing home to start a Blitz they will let me off? :-D
Ummm...let me think :roll:

NO! :-D :-D

PS Don't forget to inform your insurance company of the course; a colleague of mine didn't and was unable to claim when an uninsured driver hit his parked car :shock: That was Admiral, who own loads of other insurance names as well :evil:
Best wishes

Jim
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Maverick231 wrote:Heres a crazy Idea, would anyone be mad enough to tackle either a 1/72 SR-71 Blackbird or 1/72 Sukhoi T-50 on a Blitzbou?
I hope so as it would make me look normal :-D
chrism

Post by chrism »

Stay tuned .. I have a small simple one colour alas many wheels (all separate) tracked vehicle begging to be built...
I will be staying firmly within the confines of the boxcontents . Once I check box contents out I will be back. (the first box checked was missing a few bits.. :oops:
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
jssel

Post by jssel »

A 72 SR71? Your a better man than me.
jssel

Post by jssel »

Welcome aboard Chris