Sign-up and Chat

UAMFs signature GB, Winter edition.
Runs 1-28 Feb and your host is Jssel.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Sign-up and Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

This is a Signature UAMF Event, summer edition for those south of the equator.

It runs from February 1st to 28th; your host is Jssel who will fill in any other info.

Usual rules:
-- The GB is a month long only to enable participants to schedule their 'blitz' (or blitzes) when most convenient, not dawdle in their build.
-- Each participant is expected to complete a kit of their choice, to a standard of their choosing, in a 24-hour period, with periodic (hourly or so) photo updates. There is a 'senior' (or 'wuss') option that allows the 24-hours to be split into two roughly equal periods with not more than 12 hours, preferably less, between them. There are no exceptions, excuses, extensions.
-- Extra non-credit is given for the clock used, food and drink consumed, music and videos, and other events in/around the work area. Remember this is a family-friendly forum however.
-- A Blitzbau is all about participation and chatter from everyone, not just those who might be blitz-ing. It's fun .... try it out, just don't try too much the first time … But it is also fun to push your limits.

The key to a Blitzbau is Planning.
-- You can look at your model all you want to beforehand; the instructions, the parts, the painting & decaling.
-- Write down a simple plan, the kit instruction sequence may not be ideal for a Blitz format.
-- Ensure you have all the useable paint, the tools, the glues, the aftermarket you need -- before the clock starts.
-- The key is time management; everything counts. Don't forget that you have to make regular progress posts with pictures and interact with other folks blitzing at the same time.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by jssel »

Thank you John. We will be off and running in a couple of days. Of course John is right about planning. Already I notice a trip to my LMS is in order for fresher paint. And just a word about construction for the newbies. I DO skip around and assemble pieces like drop tanks, bombs and accouterments early on to save time later. The main thing is to have fun. Remember how we built them when young. Except now we have all these great skills to make them better. Ok some of us do. Time to get my ol Heathkit clock in position.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
IronMan129
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by IronMan129 »

Looking forward to this one!
I am planning on mashing a kit out on the 29th as its my birthday and can't make the planned trip down to Hannants but I know this GB starts on the 1st which is a shame.
The Great Auk

Post by The Great Auk »

I had a lot of fun playing along on last summer's blitz and I hope to join in the fun this time around too.

I'm not sure what I'll build. I'm thinking one of the Hobby Boss kits in the pile might be a good choice.

The Great Auk
iggie

Post by iggie »

I think I may have decided on my kit; the 1/72 Modelcollect V1 and launch ramp. If time permits it might even get set into a scenic diorama.....
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
philp

Post by philp »

Iggie,
I just ordered that kit yesterday.
jssel

Post by jssel »

@Iggie. The V1 is a rare blitz subject. Looking forward to watching.
PropWash
Active Participant

Post by PropWash »

I'm off to a real poor start. I got taken by an online model shop which sold me two older models. Both were described as being "like new." Well, one was okay, but the other, and the one I wanted to do for my first Blitzbau, is far from it. The kit, a Matchbox Meteor NF, was crushed and water damaged, the inside of the box and parts were moldy, and the decals a complete loss. Hardly "like new" by the definition I would use. :evil: I'll have to come up with a plan two - but this doesn't bode well for starting this endeavor.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Sorry about that, I checked my stash and have no Matchbox Meteor NF, but do have some spare Airfix Meteor III.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
jssel

Post by jssel »

@Propwash. Check over my stash and nothing here. But sure you will have a good Plan 2.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I just popped into my local LMS in Bristol and picked up a box of 1/72 “Plastic Soldier” Sherman Tanks, perfect blitz fodder and you get three in a box with a choice of turrets.

My wife is away this weekend so perfect timing :-D
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
jssel

Post by jssel »

Interesting Splash. I just finished the ArmourFast Stug IV. Again good Blitz fodder. Still have one in the box.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

splash wrote:I just popped into my local LMS in Bristol and picked up a box of 1/72 “Plastic Soldier” Sherman Tanks, perfect blitz fodder and you get three in a box with a choice of turrets.

My wife is away this weekend so perfect timing :-D
I did 3 Univ Carriers from them -- their kits are fun !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
PropWash
Active Participant

Post by PropWash »

John and Jeff: Thank you both for checking out your stashes for extra decals. I really do appreciate it. I have to say that people on this forum are really helpful for such things. I hope I can do the same for someone else down the road.

Plan 2: I'll be doing a build of the Special Hobby 1/72 kit for the Bell X-1B. This is probably a better choice for a Blitzbau 1st timer anyway. ;-)

Thanks again guys.
DazDaMan

Post by DazDaMan »

I hadn't planned on doing a Blitz, but I could be up for it.

And, since there's another Spit to add to the already huge collection of film aircraft....

Daren

Half-assed Spitfire builder!

Return to “Blitzbau XXII”