Model shops in Dorset

Recommendations of all those increasingly rare LMS's in a town near you, so the rest of us can find them and marvel! Also, the places near you where blokes approach you, furtively clutching the latest SAMI and smelling of resin.
T-21
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Model shops in Dorset

Post by T-21 »

Staying in a farm cottage in September ,having never been to Dorset . Would welcome any details of shops near Dorchester/Weymouth area. Not really into tanks but wondering what the Tank Museum is like at Bovington also ?
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Re: Model shops in Dorset

Post by splash »

In Dorchester there is a good Art Shop in the High Street near the town centre that has a very good range of kits.

Frank Herring & Sons
27 High West Street
Dorchester
Dorset
DT1 1UP

In Weymouth you have

Howleys Toymaster
5 Frederick Place
Weymouth
Dorset
DT4 8HQ

Go to the left hand shop (they have three shops in a row) go right to the back of the shop and on the right you will find a very good range of kits.

Have fun regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
T-21
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by T-21 »

Splash,
A belated thank you,I had given up on anyone answering. First time in Dorset for me . Intend visiting Poole Harbour to see where the flying boats landed. Found lots of info off the web (it is a great tool if used correctly).Staying close to the old airfield RAF Warmwell now quarry. Intend to visit Clouds Hill,Tank Museum also.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

T-21 wrote:Splash,
A belated thank you,I had given up on anyone answering. First time in Dorset for me . Intend visiting Poole Harbour to see where the flying boats landed. Found lots of info off the web (it is a great tool if used correctly).Staying close to the old airfield RAF Warmwell now quarry. Intend to visit Clouds Hill,Tank Museum also.
There is a good model shop in Poole down by the Harbour it's just by the Lush shop, so just follow your nose. :-D

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Eric Mc
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Eric Mc »

A bit late to this thread so you've probably been by now. A few years ago we stayed at the Camping and Caravan Club site near Warmwell. T E Lawrence is buried in a local churchyard too.
peanutpatrol26
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by peanutpatrol26 »

hahaha!! i live in poole and there is a marvelous little shop called setchfields.they stock eduard,tamiya,academy,hagesawa,airfix,revell,italeri,the list goes on...
peanutpatrol26
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by peanutpatrol26 »

splash wrote:
There is a good model shop in Poole down by the Harbour it's just by the Lush shop, so just follow your nose. :-D

Regards
Splash
this is setchfields,my LMS

Return to “Are You Local? Model Shops and Clubs”