Squadron Signal and Verlinden pdf's

Look here for links to great reference sites and useful online tools
Karaya
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Squadron Signal and Verlinden pdf's

Post by Karaya »

Gents,

I was just cleaning up my PC and I realised I have an absolute shed load of Squadron Signal, Verlinden and other modelling books that I have scanned to pdf or found on the internet. I am going to upload them to some space I have at my ISP and create a clickable menu so that you can search and download them.

We could, if people think it a good idea, use that as a central knowledge base. Once its up and running, if anyone else has anything they want to add they can send it to me and I will add it to our archive.

What do you guys think.
.....Sven W.
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Re: Squadron Signal and Verlinden pdf's

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

sounds good to me but id check with the admin first cos there might be copyrightable stuff
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
dknights

Post by dknights »

I suspect most of that stuff is under copyrighted and will draw a DMCA takedown notice.
Karaya

Post by Karaya »

Fair call, I had a feeling that copyright might be an issue. I might just post a list of what I have any if anyone needs something copied (as long as it is under 10% :)) I can send it to them.
.....Sven W.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Yes, David is right - we cannot post any materials that may be copyright. While it might be a nice idea to be able to share, we do need to respect the rights of those who produce the materials.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Karaya wrote:I might just post a list of what I have any if anyone needs something copied (as long as it is under 10% :)) I can send it to them.
Even that might not be legal - copyright law is a tricky thing and, of course, differs from country to country. The best thing is to not take any chances.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Karaya

Post by Karaya »

Yeah, apologies, should have but a little more thought in this idea before posting. I can see both sides of the coin, a lot of stuff I have is out of print and not readily available so sharing this would be of benefit to us modelers. But then again someone will most likely feel a little hard done by, by having their material shared at no cost.

With that said, if you need a few pages from one of the Squadron Signal books for reference or to help with a build send me a PM and I'll see if I have. In Australia we have what we call the 10% rule. In a nutshell you can copy or distribute up to 10% of a given test for research or education purposes. I wonder if we would qualify for "research" purposes? :)
.....Sven W.

Return to “On-Line References and Resources”