Revell kits

Look here for links to great reference sites and useful online tools
peebeep

Revell kits

Post by peebeep »

A couple of weeks ago I saw some posts on ATF that were along the lines of 'why is there no site dedicated to Revell kits'. After thinking about it for a while I decided to do something about it. So if you're into Revell kits (any genre) then visit RevellAtions. I only opened up shop today so there's not a huge amount to look at as yet, but give it a look in and contribute if you can. I'm hoping to start up a 'History of Revell' sub-section, so if this is something where you might have any sort of resources available your input would be very welcome.

peebeep
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Revell kits

Post by SJPONeill »

Cool...I just signed up as, after Airfix, Revell is my most fondly remembered childhood modelling company, possibly because it had great art in its catalogues...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Yeah I wondered why there weren't other also like Revell or Academy but then again if you look at the two Airfix forums they are far from dedicated to that one brand so I'm not sure why there would be a need for one. I'll have to check out your forum a little later on. Thanks for the heads up.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Signed up Paul , Revell are bringing out some great kits and it seems fair to have a site for them the same as the Airfix sites.Great idea :grin:

Martin
BEEN A WHILE
peebeep

Post by peebeep »

Thanks for your support chaps. I wondered whether the whole idea was viable but already there are thirty registrations and a few posts up. I'm particularly keen to get some input from US modellers for the 'History of Revell' forum.

peebeep
IrishAir
Active Participant

Post by IrishAir »

Signed up about half an hour ago,

Cheers,
Paul
There's always room for improvement...... and I got plenty of space to fill
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

I came late to Airfix, my local toyshop and Target always stocked lots of Revell, Esci and Hasegawa. So when I think of modelling as a kid I think Revell.
Peter the mediocre
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Peter the mediocre »

Dear Sir, do we get a free kit when we join? I have just remembered, I have not received my freebie for joining this forum. Must follow that up....................
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Brilliant new site Paul - I've just heard about it and signed up and I'm member 100 already - that must be worth a free kit :ha:

My adoration of Revell is no secret around here. I just hope we can gleen some more info. re-the provenance of genuine British Revell CBKs, should they actually exist, through your site.

Just brilliant, best news I've had for days - nice one Paul.

cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I think whatever kits you started on as a kid gives you the strongest loyalty.

I remember back in the sixties the easiest kits to find in the UK were AIRFIX available from Woolworths, I used to buy the occasional Revell kit but was put off by the lack of constant scale, if I recall they fitted the kit to the box, so all the boxes were the same size but the kits were all odd scales. There was also a price issue if I recall Revell were always dearer than airfix.

I wish your new forum the best of luck and hope it's as successful as this one, I will regularly visit it and possibly join in the future.

Good luck

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
arni

Post by arni »

Looks great,just joined up myself.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

In the mid 80's Revell had though awful grey boxes with actual builds on the front. They never appealed to me. I only ever bought one revell kit during that time a He163 which I think was original a Lindberg kit. Still don't have a huge number of Revell kits as they don't cover my area of interest.

I have subsequently read "Remembering Revell" which nicely covers the US side of things but many of here would like to have a definitive history of Revell UK and specifically which kits were *designed* in the UK. I went on to pick up the four excellent the 1/32 car kits produced in the UK.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “On-Line References and Resources”