Great Models LLC

A growing directory of the best places to spend your hard-earned...
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Great Models LLC

Post by SJPONeill »

http://www.greatmodels.com

I've ordered from Great Models for over 10 years - not as much as I used as the stash is much larger and harder to hide + I'm not the only one who clears the mail now...

I know that this is the model shop that some love to hate but frankly, in 10+ years I haven't had a single problem in dozens of orders...when I do have an inquiry, I get a friendly and useful reply in no more than a few days...

I subscribe to the GM weekly newsletter which I find a good way of keeping up with releases now that I no longer frequent the more popular mainstream modelling sites...much happier with UAMF as my 'local'. I usually have a quick scan through, check out any models of interest, and then delete it. Nowadays I usually only order from US shops when I am passing through the US or when there is a model that I really really ''need'...

I find the interface user-friendly and intuitive, the cost of postage in the US, pretty damn good...it was only about $8 to send three large models from Utah to DC...all packaging is robust and I have yet to have any item damaged.
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Great Models LLC

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Echo Simon ... Great Models has been my #1 online store for about a decade.

My only regret is that they have changed their business model and we can no longer just pile up backorders. I understand why, but it was so nice just to have a thought, log on and order it, then log out and le them worry about it ... Now I have to pay more attention and do a little management of "critical" items myself, but that's OK ...

Good search capability, easy order interface, blow big bucks quickly ... They could use some efficiency engineering on their web pages when going back to search results but once you get the hang of it, it's easy enough ...
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Online Shops: Directory and latest offers...”