ARMED FORCES BOOKS MURTON DURHAM JUST OFF A19

A growing directory of the best places to spend your hard-earned...
Nigel Foster
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

ARMED FORCES BOOKS MURTON DURHAM JUST OFF A19

Post by Nigel Foster »

I have opened a new military history bookshop in the North East. It is in Murton, Just off the A!9, 300 metres on from the roundabout entrance to DALTON PARK.
Go on up the main road going into Murton, at the end of the new build housing estate on your right there is a white building with a carp park. Entrance to the shop is off that car park. It is across the road from the Glebe Centre. The post code is SR7 9JA.
I moved to this part of the world to retire 15 months ago and found the lack of shops that met my requirements in this area so I decided to open one.

The shop is sign posted on the front and side next to the entrance door.

The opening hours are Wednesday to Saturday 10.00 till 17.00
Sundays by appointment Call 07734734297

The main thrust of the shop is selling books on Air Forces, the men and machines, Armies likewise and Navies and all their histories.
There are new books, remaindered books, and second hand books from 99p. In addition there are some OOP Kits and also some prints.
Members of this website will get a 5% discount on confirmation of their membership.
All the main publishers will be stocked.
There is a website to ordered from and any requests / queries can be address to my e mail, nigelfoster2005@yahoo.co.uk

The website is http://www.armedforcesbooks.co.uk; but will not be fully functioning until beginning of July 2015.

It is intended to be a shop for the modeller and historian run by a modeller / historian.
Please drop in for a chat and a cup of coffee or tea and let me know what you are looking for.
Items requested on working days before 12.00 that are in stock will be sent the same day, the post office is 150 yards away.

I look forward to seeing you / hearing from you.

Nigel
DavidWomby
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: ARMED FORCES BOOKS MURTON DURHAM JUST OFF A19

Post by DavidWomby »

Nigel

I live in Florida so I will not be a frequent visitor but will try to get a visit onto the itinerary on my next visit home to UK.

Best of luck with your venture. I'll keep an eye open but please post when the website is fully up for me to browse what you have on offer.

David
Nigel Foster

Post by Nigel Foster »

David,

Thank you for your kind words. I will keep you posted.

Thanks and regards

Nigel
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Am up there the end of July so will try to get across to visit, best of luck with the venture
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
Nigel Foster

Post by Nigel Foster »

Thank you for your kind wishes. I will look forward to seeing a fellow modeller. My phone number in the unlikely event that you should have difficulty finding me is 07734734297. and my personal e mail is nigelfoster2005@yahoo.co.uk.

The shop is just off the A19 at the Dalton Park junction,( out of town retail park ,famous with the ladies) The shop is just 300 metres up from round about at the entrance to the Park on the B1285. A cupper is available for all fellow enthusiasts.

Cheers

Nigel
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Just spotted this Nigel & have added it to my 'To visit list'. I will go a long way for a cuppa but you are only half an hour up the road. :lol:
If I can arrange a car full of military\History enthusiasts it should cover the cost of a pot of tea. Do you have any books on the East German or South African air forces?

I have a pile of second hand books if you want them too. Mostly military history & modelling. Free to a good home. PM me if you are interested & I will bring them up some time.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Nigel Foster

Post by Nigel Foster »

Hi,

Sorry have had internet problems for a day or so.

I would like to see you, I have been lucky and had a few enthusiast in this week it has started as I would like to go on. One gent from the Sunderland Aircraft Museum was here when I opened on Wednesday and did not go till nearly lunch time, Had a great chat and a cupper, Its exactly what I set up for in my retirement. Please bring as many brethren as you wish, I hope you will not be disappointed. I believe have some South African stuff but not East German. I am happy to do part exchange but my cheapest books have to be competitive with charity shops so I sell books from 99p to £35.00

Just come off A 19 at signs for Dalton Park, keep straight on into Murton a Dalton Park entry roundabout. First White big old house on right hand side with car park attached about 300 metres up the road.

Look forward to seeing you soon. Warn me and I will have kettle on 07734734297!

Cheers

Nigel

Return to “Online Shops: Directory and latest offers...”