aerobits 3D prints

A growing directory of the best places to spend your hard-earned...
rob_van_riel
Modelling Gent and Scholar

aerobits 3D prints

Post by rob_van_riel »

I'm almost embarrassed to advertise my little corner of Shapeways as a shop, but it meets all the requirements for that definition, so here it is:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aerobits;

Right now, it's still very much a one trick pony, with a few flavours of the Matra 116 rocket pod.

The Matra 116 was a cheaper, single use version of the more familiar, pointy nosed, Matra 155. One can safely assume that when these were loaded onto an aircraft, they were going to be used in anger. They also show up occasionally on displays, either empty, or loaded with dummy rockets.
The rocket tubes on the empty designs run the entire length of the pods, so if you look at them from directly ahead or the rear, you can see completely what's behind them through 19 little holes, just like the real thing (pictures once I've cleaned up and painted one..)

Next up will be NF-5 fuel tanks and training bomb rack/rocket launchers, although empty versions of the Matra 155 might jump the queue; I like that see-through effect ;-)
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: aerobits 3D prints

Post by PaulBradley »

Very cool, Rob! Good luck with your venture!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

rob_van_riel wrote:The rocket tubes on the empty designs run the entire length of the pods, so if you look at them from directly ahead or the rear, you can see completely what's behind them through 19 little holes, just like the real thing (pictures once I've cleaned up and painted one..
Minimally cleaned and primed. Very hard to capture that see-through view on camera.

rob_van_riel

Post by rob_van_riel »

PaulBradley wrote:Very cool, Rob! Good luck with your venture!
Thanks. This is never going to make me rich or even displace my day job, but I'd be really happy if they end up on other people's models and maybe fetch me a tale or two from their workbenches.

Return to “Online Shops: Directory and latest offers...”