Huddersfield Model Show 2018

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Huddersfield Model Show 2018

Post by JamesPerrin »

re http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16116;

We have received confirmation of two tables ( ~6'x4' ) in much the same location as we have been the last couple of years. I have 3 spare wrist bands available for set up please contact me if you are intending to bring kits for display. I'd like to see how many we have from available from the SMW "Class of '76" display and divide the space between Frog, Matchbox and Airfix if possible. Setup in between 9-10:30am with it opening to the public and 10:30am.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Huddersfield Model Show 2018

Post by JamesPerrin »

Just a reminder that table theme is a cut down version of the SMW display and to show Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits off from the 1976 catalogs, though I'm willing to give a bit of lee-way. The CBK SIG table is located it the far right corner when coming in the public entrance. Please come and say "Hi" and introduce yourself. Myself, Matt Bacon, ShaunW, Shane(gos70), Craig (
planecrazyman61) and Iain (ejsnotgrass) will be manning the tables. We look forward to meeting as many people as possible.

Remember wrap up warm and have a safe journey!
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

We all had a great day and it was as always great to catchup and swap modelling stories with friends, Matt Bacon, ShaunW, Shane(gos70), Craig (planecrazyman61) and Iain (ejsnotgrass) and especially Matt (MDT) whom I'd not seen for 5 years. Thank you all for you contributions and help.

The show itself was a bit subdued, it felt a lot less busy (well there was usually a crush for the first hour or so) than it had been previous years. Unfortunately our under the table wares caught more people's interest especially Matt's 1/48 Hercules Drone plane from Italeri. A bit of a change on traders who were there meant that there were a few things new things to browse. Bargains were hard to come by but everyone found something nice to take home - Iain's night bag was stuffed fall of bagged plastic by the end of play.

jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Thanks for posting these James. Looks like an enjoyable day.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Thanks, James, and well done all !
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Thanks for posting the pics, James. I have to agree that the show appeared to be less well attended than previously this year, which is a shame as IMHO it is a great one-day show in a decent venue. Maybe the frequent snow showers during the day put them off!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by chrism »

It was the same weekend as a double day show at Bovington ... whether that had much impact for those who might have gone to this show?

At least you all had a good day out and did some kit buying.

Anyone else got any bargains or general acquisitions to share?
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
ejsnotgrass
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by ejsnotgrass »

I managed to acquire one of the bargains of the day.An airfix "Rommel Destroyer" for the pricely sum of 5.50.
MDT
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by MDT »

Thanks for the pictures James - indeed great to catch up with James and meet some now familiar faces after Telford. This was my first visit to Huddersfield and i’ll Happily go next year.
The selection of displays seemed better than I expected for a small show. As for purchases I was after bargain CBK stuff spending a total of 15 quid on a 70s era Airfix P-51B, Lynx AH 1 and FROG Jaguar.

Return to “Classic British Chat”