Cosford Show 2016

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Cosford Show 2016

Post by ShaunW »

I have the booking forms for the Cosford Show next year which will take place on Sunday 3rd April. Unfortunately this coincides with our spring skiing holiday so I will not be able to attend. Those who wish to go please announce in this thread and I will book the SIG in accordingly. Please note that each visiting club is limited to a maximum of four 6ft tables. A charge of £3.00 will be levied for each table space above 12 feet, i.e. the first two 6ft tables are free and any more above that are £3.00 per table. Please let me know the requirements and I will sort out the remittance if required. The date for returning the booking form is 31/01/16 but if possible I want to return it earlier than that.

Apparently there was something of a mess left behind last year due to people leaving their rubbish. I'm quite sure we were guilt free on that score but please if you go take note that the organisers, Shropshire Scale Modellers, want you to take your rubbish away with you or they may be forced to either increase charges for 2017 or not have a show at all. And we don't want that do we?
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Cosford Show 2016

Post by Dazzled »

I'd love to help Shaun but I'll be busy with the Cold War table. I'm happy to bring a box or two of models along though :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

All being well I will be able to attend this year. I have a few new build CBK's I can take too.

All the best'

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

If you guys can pay for my airfare, I'll man the table all day, AND pick up all the trash.....

:ha:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

PaulBradley wrote:If you guys can pay for my airfare, I'll man the table all day, AND pick up all the trash.....

I'm pretty sure we can run to a truck tyre inner tube and a paddle :lol:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

Dazzled wrote:
PaulBradley wrote:If you guys can pay for my airfare, I'll man the table all day, AND pick up all the trash.....

I'm pretty sure we can run to a truck tyre inner tube and a paddle :lol:
And I'll send you a video camera for that one ;-)
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
chrism

Post by chrism »

Alas it is a "no" for me. Hence the pilgrimage that is: Telford weekend!
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
TomW

Post by TomW »

Fingers crossed I'll be there. It all depends on Work, Money and finding a cheap hotel room.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

OK guys, will 12ft of table space be sufficient to put up a decent enough non-themed display?

IPMS#12300
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

ShaunW wrote:OK guys, will 12ft of table space be sufficient to put up a decent enough non-themed display?
Does it have to be non-themed Shaun - I can take the railway baseboard for Cosford for it's third and final outing (after Huddersfield)?
If you prefer not to have it then I'm not worried, but I have designs on the boards for other projects but don't want to start cutting it up before I know it is truly finished with. I have still not had a reply to my application for the Revell SIG at Cosford so it looks like I may be available to man the tables anyway :roll:

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

No problem to me Al apart from the fact that I have quite a number of the models here such as Tom and Splash's stuff and there's no way I can make Cosford due to being on holiday. If you want I can hand over to you what I've got at Huddersfield.

IPMS#12300
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Hey Shaun I have a couple of builds that will be ready for the Cosford show.
I'm positive it fits into the CBK's category but just to double check the Airfix 1/72 Shorts Sunderland?
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Yes Adam, the Airfix Sunderland fits the CBK bill. I won't actually be at Cosford and as yet what is going to be displayed hasn't been finalised but will be very shortly.

IPMS#12300
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Ok Shaun, who's designated temporary leader for that show mate or is it just a joint effort?
I do have a few more I'd like to bring along like my 2 Airfix Spitfires, Airfix Typhoon Mk.2a and possibly the massive 1/72 Airfix Concorde if she's ready by then!
If that's ok :D.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

As of yet, I don't know who will be leading the Cosford effort Mav. Please remember that models have to be built from classic British kits which were originally tooled at least 25 years ago so, for example, any Airfix New Tool kits are not eligible for display. Re-pops of foreign kits that featured in the catalogues of British manufacturers, such as Heller kits in Airfix boxes, are eligible as a sort of "CBK Lite" if you will, but still must have originally been tooled at least 25 years ago. Similarly, old Brit kits in more modern line ups are eligible, for example Revell re-pops of old Matchbox kits.

IPMS#12300

Return to “Classic British Chat”