Beany's Better Half

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: Beany's Better Half

Post by beany »

Many thanks for the best wishes which I've passed on to Carrie. She says thanks and looks forward to seeing some of you at Cosford or Telford in 2017 (which I second - you keep 'er talkin' while I smuggle my larger purchases out to the car!").
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

beany wrote:Many thanks for the best wishes which I've passed on to Carrie. She says thanks and looks forward to seeing some of you at Cosford or Telford in 2017 (which I second - you keep 'er talkin' while I smuggle my larger purchases out to the car!").

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't forget to wear your baggy jumper ;-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
chrism

Post by chrism »

beany wrote:Many thanks for the best wishes which I've passed on to Carrie. She says thanks and looks forward to seeing some of you at Cosford or Telford in 2017 (which I second - you keep 'er talkin' while I smuggle my larger purchases out to the car!").
You need to start and bring a large empty cardboard box with you.... and if you need too, fill said box with clean household packaging, eg: empty cereal boxes, the odd shoe box,etc to retain its shape,) before you set off from home... that way you pack some of the circumspect purchases into said box, (dumping anyof the now unnecessary packaging - but a thin layer on top still helps with the deception), and then at end of day carry that box back to car .... wife non wiser!

Glad to hear Carrie is doing ok, and you too are no doubt resting easier ...
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

chrism wrote:
You need to start and bring a large empty cardboard box with you.... and if you need too, fill said box with clean household packaging, eg: empty cereal boxes, the odd shoe box,etc to retain its shape,) before you set off from home... that way you pack some of the circumspect purchases into said box, (dumping anyof the now unnecessary packaging - but a thin layer on top still helps with the deception), and then at end of day carry that box back to car .... wife non wiser!

Glad to hear Carrie is doing ok, and you too are no doubt resting easier ...
More cunning plan is to put the new kits into the empty cereal boxes and claim they are special offer kits from Kellogg's :-D
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

That's fantastic news Al congrats mate from myself and Sal!

Return to “Classic British Chat”