Great interest in CBK dioramas on Facebook.

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Great interest in CBK dioramas on Facebook.

Post by beany »

I joined a new group (new to me that is) on Facebook called Airfix Modelling Club last week and posted 6 photos of some of my box art dioramas. The response has been like nothing I've ever experienced on fB before with nearly 400 Likes already and 40 comments posted, many of which are of the ilk "Amazing", "Awesome" and "Brilliant" etc.
It very much backs up the responses we got to our CBK Box Art display in 2013 (one person remembered seeing them in a magazine some years back and I reminded him is was probably the CBK SIG display and posted a photo I took of the 2013 display table and he said that was indeed it!).

I know not everybody here does Facebook but thought you may like to know that the box art diorama concept is still popular - and of course the comments are from people all over the globe, not just in the UK. Certainly worth considering again as a theme for SMW in the future I reckon.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Great interest in CBK dioramas on Facebook.

Post by JamesPerrin »

That's great to hear Al.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Great interest in CBK dioramas on Facebook.

Post by PaulBradley »

Very cool!

An impressive reach for that group - I think my personal record for an FB post is 150 likes..... :roll:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"

Return to “Classic British Chat”