A few thoughts and ideas.

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

Gregers
Forum founder

A few thoughts and ideas.

Post by Gregers »

Hi folks.
I have been quiet on the CBK front, and the forum in general of late. Various reasons for that. I have however been viewing, observing and making mental notes.
On the current pre-Telford build plan things are progressing, albeit slowly. I for one can attest that life throws curve balls that get in the way.
What is needed now is a show of hands, and models. Pictuees of progress and confirmations as to whether your models WILL be at Telford. Chris as the current leader needs to know with some certainty what will be on the tables by Saturday AM. How about it folks. This is YOUR sig and YOUR time to show the modelling world what we as a collective can accomplish with these old kits we hold so dear to. How about it folks? Let the showing of models commence. If you have promissed certain kits and can't find the time to come through with them be honest. I am sure I will not get all mine done and a re-appraisal will be happening in my loft VERY soon.

Secondly. I know I may get sprue cutters etc thrown at me for this but it's time to start thinking about Telford 2018. Themes etc. I will be starting a seperate thread for that very soon.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: A few thoughts and ideas.

Post by beany »

A bit confusing putting this here Greg when all the other chat is going on in the SMW2017 thread.

To be honest it is still far too early for me to say with 100% certainty whether I will finish kits or not, but if I have pledged
a particular kit I'll do my best to bring it or a suitable replacement. I spoke to Chris about various things in person at Farnborough
at the weekend and we are confident that we can put on a reasonable display and man/woman the tables as we do most years over
the three days.
I will put together some signage - probably photocopies of the 1976 catalogue fronts mounted on foam board, so that Joe public
knows exactly what our theme is, as it is not always obvious.

Anyway, just updated my progress here on my railway builds: http://www.uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... 8&start=15;
My other plane and motorbike builds are also progressing.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Cherrs Al. This post is lead by a pm conversation with ChrisM. As I am taking over the sig in November I should start to put more input in and 'rally the troops' maybe.
Many thanks for your efforts re signage. And if it's ok with you I can take over the other signage you mentioned in the other thread.
I have a few ideas re 2018 already but would like to hear you good folks thoughts. One I had could be titled 'It started with a kiss' (Kit Is So Simple) an improving the classic plastic type of thing.
Another theme stems from the current golden oldie gb whee we have rare and very oop gems.
Also a Keeping it civil theme sprung to mind. Nothing military. Civie aircraft. Cars. Trucks etc.

All just rough ideas of course. Over to you.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by chrism »

Gregers wrote: And if it's ok with you I can take over the other signage you mentioned in the other thread.

Greg
??? Are you offering to give a new home to the large board that Al has been looking after? If so, I am sure we can drop it off at a certain traders stand for them to take back along with your models. ;-)

or is there some other comment elsewhere that I have missed?

We still desperately need Greg, to ascertain what is happening with models from our non-UK members -
- who is going to receive the posted over models before the display and
- who is going to take care and look after them as of 4pm Sunday, for any future use, or are they going to be binned
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Well I am totally involved with the display by building four FROG kits. Three are done and the forth is well under way. What I need is an address to ship them too from the States. I am not expecting them returned. And Ido have thread under SMW 2017.

So a bit confused as I see the short list filling up.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
planecrazyman61
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by planecrazyman61 »

hi greg if we're starting to discuss next years theme i'll flag up the RAF-100 Years theme, of which there are plenty of options OOB ,but also would be happy to have a general CBK Theme of anything goes , keep it quite relaxed and let members build and display what they want
cheers craig

Return to “Classic British Chat”