First post as the CBK leader.

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

Gregers
Forum founder

First post as the CBK leader.

Post by Gregers »

Hi folks. As you are no doubt aware I have taken over the helm of the CBK. I must firstly thank ChrisM for her leadership and the great job she has done with the sig. And for all the members for putting on a great display at Telford and other shows. I have some ideas for the sig and especially for future themes but I propose for next year we have an 'open table' display for Telford. Thus we can concentrate on models we want to build for ourselves. Also we can have models we have built but as they didn't fit the themes have never been displayed at a show. Add to that mix models from the smaller and cottage industry manufacturers, but obviously fitting into the CBK timescale. What are your thoughts please folks?

Theme wise for the future I think 'Old dog - new tricks' What CAN be done with these old kits to bring them up to modern kit standards. would be a good theme. Again what are your thoughts?.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: First post as the CBK leader.

Post by JamesPerrin »

Farewell Chris, welcome Greg!

Technical you've been SIG leader before so it's not your first post :ha: We did have a non theme year before the CBK Goes Loco! display btw. A Telford theme is close to the core of the CBK SIG mindset so I wouldn't dismiss having one yet.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
planecrazyman61
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by planecrazyman61 »

welcome greg as sig leader glad you made it to telford the display and the idea behind the sig went down well with the punters at the show and i agree that an open table (non-theme) for next year would be nice ,good luck
craig
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

That's true James but that was a such a short tenure I doubt it could be counted. Lol.
Ok. For a theme theme how about the aforementioned old dog new tricks?

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Hi Craig.

Cheers mate. I roo like the idea of am open table but it's you, the members that must decide.

All the best.

Greg
Albert Einstein
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Many thanks to Chris for her work this past year - I appreciate it!

And congrats to you, Greg, on the new post!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
chrism

Post by chrism »

Greg: the paperwork you need to print off, complete, sign and return to confirm your post as leader with the IPMs has been emailed to you this morning.

You are able to kill two birds with one stone, and complete the paperwork to cover your annual return for 2018 and booking space for the show next year, all at the same time. You will need to produce yourself a risk assessment document to send off as well. I have emailed both the IPMs template for one of those, and the document I sent in this year, to both you and James so he can produce something for another event next year.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I have got those docs Chris and will get them delt with asap.

All the best.

Greg
Albert Einstein
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Best of luck with this, Greg, I'm sure you'll do fine, and thanks to Chris for her efforts over the last twelve months.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Welcome as the new SIG leader Greg!
I'd be happy with either a none theme, old dog new tricks theme or the RAF 100 Theme!

Either way I will be displaying models on the SIG!

The only reason I didn't this year is that there seemed to be no room and I didn't wanna upset what was already a fantastic display!
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I probably already said this, but welcome as SIG Leader and thank you for taking this on.

I wasn't at the SMW discussions, but have a vague idea of what "Open Table" might mean and am not opposed to it at all.

But I woke up this morning feeling a bit pedantic ....
An open table offers a break from a rigid theme, but it is still a theme in that it must be managed to be sure we present a pleasing display with a good variety of (offered) CBKs and have made an effort to allow members to participate. The governing factor is table space. It seems to me that we would need to solicit suggestions from members -- "What I'd like to display and how many" -- and then work from that to plan the display contents to ensure we have the table space.

Note this doesn't mean we manage what members "would like to display", by suggesting we need some of this or some of that to show something or another. It does mean that we must ensure a fair representation and that might mean limiting quantities (or size).

I'm sure you get the idea -- it cannot be a free-for-all -- so some management is necessary .... that's why Greg gets paid the big bucks :)
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Haha jRatz you always have the best advise :).

Return to “Classic British Chat”