Plagiarism of a CBK on Facebook

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Plagiarism of a CBK on Facebook

Post by beany »

My sincere thanks go out to both James and Chadders for alerting me to a little tinker who had posted a photo of my SR-N4 Hovercraft build from this years Classic British Box Art display on the Airfix Wall on Facebook - and claimed it to be his own work!! :evil:
Both James and Mark kindly posted corrections regarding the ownership of said build, whence I then posted myself enquiring as to whether the gentleman might indeed like to copy and more of my photos and claim credit for those as well?!
I then finished by calling him a name that whilst rude was not profane (begins with 'A' and ends with 'hole' - UK spelling) which had the desired effect in that the good folks at Airfix have remove the thread completely.

Cheers
Al.

P.S. I would never admit it in public but I was actually quite chuffed that someone considered my build good enough to "steal" - it was the Hovercraft of Doom for goodness sake - have you seen that stinker up close?!! :shock:
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Plagiarism of a CBK on Facebook

Post by PaulBradley »

Cheeky blighter...!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
MerlinJones

Re: Plagiarism of a CBK on Facebook

Post by MerlinJones »

Did you get a proper name, to shame and ban from all appropriate Forums?

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “Classic British Chat”