CBK at Huddersfield 2012

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

CBK at Huddersfield 2012

Post by JamesPerrin »

Finally got our table allocation through and it's exactly the same as last year two 6x2 tables single depth in the same location.

*If you are there for set up and come through the loading doors from the car park we are on the far right facing the far wall.

*If you are a paying punter turn immediate left as you come in and we are down the far end on the right.

As we have little space for anything other than the dioramas I'm suggesting that I bring the 101 GEMs back boards, which can be covered with the base sheet. The Box Art images can then be stuck or placed against this behind their respective build.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Re: CBK at Huddersfield 2012

Post by Brickie »

Look forward to seeing you there, touch wood.
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

A cold but clear start, meant it was the best weather we've had for a few years and maybe helped this to be the busiest Huddersfield show I've ever seen. You really couldn't move in one half of the hall at 11am and I gave up and sort refuge behind the desk ( dogs in prams mutter, mutter ).

Beany, Tom and I managed to get the table set up within an hour and then were able to go off for a well deserved saunter before Joe Public clogged up the room. I worked as a spotter for Bruce as he sniped Aeroclub Neptunes et al.

Again it was a pretty busy day behind the desk. I think with all shows other than Telford a lot of modellers come buy what they want and give the stands a cursory look. I'm guilty of it somewhat but I did have a job to do. At Telford there is time for those doing the two days to shop and gaze. So I think we had a larger proportion of civilians coming through with a lot of kids dragging their parents to come and look a the plane "it's flying". The day started busy and stayed busy like never before, in years past it's been dead by 3:30pm and we've started packing up early but it was 4:10 before we struck the display and we then had a couple of kids who spotted Beany's Lancaster and exclaimed they had seen it on the internet.

I would have criticised the organisers for the lack of publicity at the sports centre, in years past they've had a hoarding outside for the week running up to the show but there was nothing on the day either. However word of mouth and local press must have done the job as there was room for no more.

Another long day but a successful show and a great time to catch up with friends old and make friends new (Brickie, shaunW). Oh yeah JamezHatstand turned up with his completed Frog Wildcat that we sneaked onto the table.

Thanks to Tom for the lift home.

Alan it's over to you

Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Well done, chaps!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

It was a great display James and thanks to you all for taking the time to have a word. Although I keep saying it, those box art dios look really excellent in the flesh.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “Classic British Chat”