CBK advertising - some blasts from the past!

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

CBK advertising - some blasts from the past!

Post by mattbacon »

I've been "filleting" a big bundle of old aviation magazines I inherited from a friend of my Dad's. I don't have room to keep them, any more than he does, so I've mostly been making sure that I have snaffled all of the "Aviation News" plans that I can find. However, amongst them were some "International Flying Review" magazines from the early 60s, and some "Aircraft Illustrated" from the 70s, from where I removed some charming period CBK adverts. I've scanned a few of them here, for nostalgia amongst them's as are old enough, and illumination for them's who weren't there at the time...

Frog Trailblazers

Airfix Stirling

Airfix NA39 Buccaneer
This one's specially for the fans of the working feature amongst us. There are a couple more on the "even the...feature...works" theme in my stash now.

Finally, a couple of later ones - now we're into the 70s, I think:

Airfix new releases

and a rather wordy one from the competition in Potter's Bar... I think it must have been from 1970, when BoB anniversary fever was upon us.

Revell Adler Tag

I've got a nice little collection which I will trim and laminate, which we can then use as display collateral - perhaps even for the 2013 IPMS anniversary!

bestest,
M.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: CBK advertising - some blasts from the past!

Post by PaulBradley »

Thanks for sharing, Matt.

I have loads of these, as I collect old aviation mags....
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
TimJ
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: CBK advertising - some blasts from the past!

Post by TimJ »

Great to see some of these old adverts.

If I knew then what I know now I'd have spent some of my pocket money on Airfix Marinas at 35p each.
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:4 B:4 C:13

Return to “Classic British Chat”