CBK @ Shropshire/Cosford Model Show 2013

What makes a British kit a Classic? What Classic kit is really British? What is the SIG all about and what goes on...from initial musings, to full on campaigning. It'll all be here, interspersed with talk of Texan Bars, Alias Smith & Jones and The Flashing Blade, Footy Cards and Bath Night, before School.

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

CBK @ Shropshire/Cosford Model Show 2013

Post by JamesPerrin »

We nearly didn't make it as Beany's car needed emergency attention this week, but thankfully everything came together at the last moment. By the time I could make it there by train he had got everything setup nicely, except for the Stuka which had suffered a teeny weeny complete breakage of the the wing. Luckily model shows have ample supply of Superglue and the diver bomber was soon back in action.

As it a normal museum day there is a lot more of the general public there and our display really attracted a lot of attention, especially from kids who really like all the bombs an explosions. Several times they dragged their parents towards our table.

I have no idea who the chap is blocking everyone's view is :grin:

Rather worryingly our display of early space tech proved of some interest to the Empire!

Alan and I were kept busy throughout the day chatting to old friends and new or just anyone who had a question about the display. Sold a few sheets of blurred props too which was nice and paid for the Inpact Bulldog that I couldn't resist. The day went by in a rush and I'm glad I took all the aircraft photos I wanted last year as there was little chance this time around. Thanks again to Alan for bringing the display.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: CBK @ Shropshire/Cosford Model Show 2013

Post by PaulBradley »

Roflmao!!!!!!!

Brilliant shot, James! :lol:

Thanks for the report and for being there - you too, Al!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Eric Mc
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Eric Mc »

Looks like it was a very good show. Farnborough IPMS are meeting tonight so we'll get a "horse's mouth" report from the Farnborough guys who went.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Eric Mc wrote:Looks like it was a very good show. Farnborough IPMS are meeting tonight so we'll get a "horse's mouth" report from the Farnborough guys who went.
The next and final outing for this current CBK Box Art display will be the Farnborough show in September, so I hope they liked it!

Cheers
Al.

P.S. My Saturn V diorama (or Lord Vader's favourite as I now call it :ha: ) made an early pre-Telford debut at the Farnborough show last year so it will be replaced by something else (that I haven't started yet) this year.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

I remember admiring the Saturn V last time at Modelfest. I was impressed.

The only thing missing is a sound track of the rocket taking off with the NASA PA -

"All engines running. Lift-Off we have a Lift-Off. 32 minutes past the hour. Lift-Off of Apollo 11".
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Eric Mc wrote:I remember admiring the Saturn V last time at Modelfest. I was impressed.

The only thing missing is a sound track of the rocket taking off with the NASA PA -

"All engines running. Lift-Off we have a Lift-Off. 32 minutes past the hour. Lift-Off of Apollo 11".
Only problem with that Eric is that I prefer to think of mine as Apollo 12 on the grounds of sharing the same name as the 4th geezer to walk on the moon - Alan Bean!
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
jelly071
Getting well comfy!

Post by jelly071 »

Looks Like you Guys had Fun.I loved the Saturn at Modelfest Last year Al. A show i must try and make next year
Thanks Mike
IPMS 12171 AMSIG Member

Love an old kit
Eric Mc

Post by Eric Mc »

beany wrote:
Eric Mc wrote:I remember admiring the Saturn V last time at Modelfest. I was impressed.

Only problem with that Eric is that I prefer to think of mine as Apollo 12 on the grounds of sharing the same name as the 4th geezer to walk on the moon - Alan Bean!
What - and you didn't think to replicate the lightning strike?

Now THAT would be spectacular.

Return to “Classic British Chat”