Three Months Till SMW!

Discussion and the builds for the SMW 2011 CBK display.

Moderator: JamesPerrin

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Three Months Till SMW!

Post by JamesPerrin »

Well it's just under three months as I intended to write this post last week.

SMW has been massively over subscribed my Branches and SIGs. Some have had the usual 12' allocation reduce by half, these begin those late in handing in their returns. The show guide has not yet been published but as I got our returns in early I'm confident we will have 12' of space.

OK so we've got 3 months left to complete our models for this year's Classic British Boxart display. Most are under way, with a couple nearing completion. I know some people are beavering away quietly by themselves but if you originally signed up for the display but for whatever reason can't complete please just let me know so I don't have any last minutes surprises or have to chase you up.

If you haven't started yet on your build there is still time to get cracking but please don't put it off any longer. Also Barry has just this week joined the SIG and signed up for the display with a MB Walrus taking off into an orange sky, so there is still time to join in if you haven't already planned to.

I'm really looking forward to this years display as we've got some great builds and I'm sure that once again we will delight and engage the audience.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Three Months Till SMW!

Post by JamesPerrin »

Those sneaky IPMS guys release the Show Guide this morning (I'd checked yesterday). Looks like we've got a similar pitch (251 F2) as last year and next to BlueSteel and the Coastal Command SIG (250 F3)

http://www.smwshow.com/show-guide.php;
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Once the weather unpleasantness clears up, I'll go chase down the guy doing the base, I know he's been tied up with visitors to his art gallery in the summer. I need to do some detail painting on the vehicle then decal it then gen up a crew. I still expect to have all this in the mail by 1 October if not sooner.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

One is going along nicely, the other I need to start on.

I was just thinking today about my Islander diorama, and what I will do - thi sweekend, I hope to get the materials to make a start.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

Unlike other years I can't afford to stay over in Telford this year so will be commuting from Derby. This means I shan't be coming on Friday but will be there at first sparrow's fart on Saturday morning. I don't know what the go is regarding passes for dropping stuff off, but if I get there really early I may be able to park close to the hall anyway, so won't have too far to walk with my exhibits. Volunteering wise - I'm on the doors 3 til 4 on Sunday as Colin at ATF has already nabbed me for that.
See you there.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

I just happy you can make it along this year Al, though sounds like you'll be fluttering between tables of various SIGs :grin:

Return to “SMW 2011 - Classic Box Art”