Classic Box Art Table Display Concept

Discussion and the builds for the SMW 2011 CBK display.

Moderator: JamesPerrin

JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Classic Box Art Table Display Concept

Post by JamesPerrin »

Matt and I have put our heads together and come up with an idea for the table layout which I've outlined below. We would dearly like to have your comments and suggestions.

As we are showing off box art the an gallery exhibition concept seems to be the obvious one to go for ;-)
  • The table needs to be tiered with the rear half raised up, allowing a clear view of all the models but also enhancing those with a low point of view.
  • Cover the table in black cloth as this would help the dioramas to pop out of the display
  • We hope to get hold of some old picture frames, two ideas here either use them to display the original artwork or use the empty frames to erm frame the dioramas so if you look through one at its model you'll get the correct point of view.
  • This is and art exhibition and therefore needs a trendy poster to advertise it. Something contemporary looking which briefly explains the idea of the display. This can be framed and placed at one end of the table.
  • To go the whole hog Matt had the idea of producing a catalogue for the exhibit showing the original artwork and dioramas side by side. Rather than do this as a leaflet we would just make up a few glossy copies that could be viewed at the table. This does mean we'd like a good image of your diorama as soon as it's completed so we can print the catalogue before the show!

The idea is to produce something stylish, eyecatching and unique. So what do you guys think? And does anyone fancy designing a poster?
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Classic Box Art Table Display Concept

Post by PaulBradley »

I think that sounds great - very classy!

Regarding the poster - you might want one at each end of the tables, as people can come upon the exhibit from either end.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Re: Classic Box Art Table Display Concept

Post by mattbacon »

T Shirt designs will be forthcoming! I have a couple of ideas that I need to work up. As usual, artwork will be available for home printing on iron on transfer paper...

Bestest,
M.

Return to “SMW 2011 - Classic Box Art”