Dapol kits

Check in here for details of British Kit Manufacturers, their potted histories and products....and there's more to them than the Big Three!

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Dapol kits

Post by fredk »

I see Dapol aren't mentioned in this thread.
They are best known for taking over the old Airfix [ex Rosebud] railway kits, but they also used to do Veteran/Vintage car kits. I have, I think, 4 of the car kits. waiting to be built.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
Ratch
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Dapol kits

Post by Ratch »

Founded 1983 (maybe that's why they're not mentioned - CBK was originally for pre-1980 manufacturers) ;-)
Dapol Ltd is a Welsh model railway manufacturer based in Chirk, Wales. The factory where design and manufacturing take place is just over the border in England. The company is known for its model railway products in N gauge and OO gauge.
http://www.dapol.co.uk/;
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
Phil Marchese
starter kit

Re: Dapol kits

Post by Phil Marchese »

The antique cars were the Gowland & Gowland tooling that were famous for launching the hobby kit portion of Revell when these appeared about 1951 through 1956 as the Highway Pioneer series. AIRFIX also molded a limited range from the Gowland tooling and several companies did knockoffs. Minicraft owned the Highway Pioneer name and tooling for a while in the 80s and Revell Germany also did a commemorative release of several gifts sets.

Return to “Manufacturers: Frog, Airfix, Matchbox and many, many more!”