Frog Model Aircraft Forum ?

Check in here for details of British Kit Manufacturers, their potted histories and products....and there's more to them than the Big Three!

Moderators: JamesPerrin, mattbacon

Soulcharger
Series 3 and Beyond

Frog Model Aircraft Forum ?

Post by Soulcharger »

I bumped into this site this week doesn't look like it's visited much, does it still exist ? Could use some help on some missing parts, decals and finishes on some Frog kits I have. :-|

http://www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php;
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Re: Frog Model Aircraft Forum ?

Post by lancfan »

Your best bet is to post on the UAMF 'wants and needs' page, many of us have a stash of parts and decals that may help.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

I followed the link and it turns out I'm a member of that forum - I'd forgotten all about it. :roll: As David says, you will probably have as much luck putting a post in the Wanted section on this forum as many of us will have FROG kits in our stashes (or FROG spawn kits - OK for parts but the decals are useless), or we'll be able to suggest replacement decals for your FROG kits if we can't source the originals. Do you want to find the items as a collector to complete your kits or will you actually be building them?

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
Soulcharger
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Soulcharger »

Soulcharger wrote:I bumped into this site this week doesn't look like it's visited much, does it still exist ? Could use some help on some missing parts, decals and finishes on some Frog kits I have. :-|

http://www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php;
Finally got through to them and joined, I intend to be a prolific poster on it. :razz:
Chris
CementNotGlue
Active Participant

Post by CementNotGlue »

Would if I can give a correct answer to the confirmation question and you only get two attempts per session!

Edit:
Clue: Airfix moulded the Auster Antarctic in the same colour when it was in a polythene bag! Incidentally not worked out what to do with mine.
TobyC
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TobyC »

I gave up trying to join for that very reason. Seems like they're very choosy who they let in.
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by fredk »

TobyC wrote:I gave up trying to join for that very reason. Seems like they're very choosy who they let in.
Me too. I gave the correct answer, but it must be case sensitive, then it changed to a question the answer to which I hadn't a clue.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
Stevehnz
Active Participant

Post by Stevehnz »

I've just registered, failed the first question even though I knew the answer was right, so obviously the spacing, letter case etc is important. A second attempt & a guess at the colour two kits were origially released in ( both trainers so I went for yellow) did the job. I like the look of the forum, modest though it is, I have many happy memoris of time spent with Frog kits in my yoof & still have some in my stash along with some built ones from back then.
Steve.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

We have a similar system on this website. The question is trivial it's only there to stop bots from signing up and you can specify different formatting to cover all possible answers.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “Manufacturers: Frog, Airfix, Matchbox and many, many more!”