Time for a change.....

About CC SIG, FAQ, Announcements, General Discussion and Chat

Moderator: JohnRatzenberger

TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Time for a change.....

Post by TomW »

Hello everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this to inform you all of my intention to step down as the leader of the Coastal Command SIG.
This is a decision I have been contemplating for some time and after seeing our Black Friday display through to completion I feel it is now right for me to do so. My modelling time has, for the past 18 months, been severely restricted and there is sadly little chance of the situation changing in the foreseeable future. I do not feel it is fair to all of you that I continue in a role that I cannot give 100% to.

Therefore I ask if anyone wishes to step forward and to take up the mantle to contact me asap. I have sent word to the IPMS of my decision with a proviso that if no new leader can be found then the SIG will cease to be as of the 1st of February 2017.

I do fondly hope that one of you wishes to try their hand at being in charge as I'd rather not see the SIG fold.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Time for a change.....

Post by PaulBradley »

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your hard work with the SIG, I appreciate it, and understand your decision. I wish I could take over, but its simply too impractical. Hopefully, someone will step up to the plate.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Further to our chats over the SMW weekend and having taken the same decision myself, I can fully appreciate your position Tom. Although I am not a member of this SIG it would be a shame for it to fold after all the hard work that you have put into it over the last few years and I hope that someone will come along and take over the leadership.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Tom,

And many thanks from me too for your efforts leading the SIG.

Despite my desire to see the SIG continue, I am not in a position to take it over. Hopefully someone else will step forward.

Regards

Martin
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
chrism

Post by chrism »

I hope you find a willing volunteer worthy successor.
Enjoy your retirement. But I know that you will be there to help and guide anyone who comes forward.

Having stepped up myself this year for the CBK, I sincerely hope someone else does likewise for CC, and that we can all work together as the SIG's again for another successful Telford.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Fully understood Tom and thank you very much for your leadership and effort on behalf of the SIG.

As you know, a similar situation caused me to bail on this year's display. At that time I believe I said I would probably also drop membership, but I'll reserve that decision (if I may) until the SIG sorts out.

I obviously cannot be SIG Leader but I will be happy to at least be the admin contact here on UAMF and who knows, I might get back to by early history work sometime.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Tom,

Can I take it that noone has volunteered to take over from you?

Regards

Martin
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
chrism

Post by chrism »

Martin, fear not as yet, because the IPMS magazine is only just in print, so while some members have in last 2 days received theirs, and if they have read it, found the relevant bit in there, there are I am quite sure, a fair few who have not yet, received their magazines... so they still don't know a new fuhrer is sought... and there were for the last few weeks only a "select band of brothers" of which we are two.. who knew

I am sure Tom will be along soon to correct me if I am up the wrong tree... However, please offer to take on the mantle, it is only as onerous a task as you want to make it.. I am sure Tom will agree there.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I've just received the latest IPMS mag, which, understandably, largely concentrates on SMW but the announcement regarding Tom's decision is under the Branch & Country section on Page 9.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Sorry to hear this Tom!
I know how you feel mate but life comes first I'm afraid.
I really do hope a good leader is found in time!
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

Has a leader been found for the Coastal Command SIG?
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Not at this point. Unless a wiling volunteer can be found, it might be time to wind up the SIG.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

As the UAMF Admin for the SIG, I am leaving Tom as Moderator as a matter of courtesy and respect.

I would hope that we get an official shut down notice from Tom, or better yet, a willing volunteer. As a pragmatist, I suspect we will have to deal with the demise at some point here. I would think it could be archived in place, perhaps some clean-up, but available to all. I know that I still have, and wish I had the time to complete, the squadron lineage work.

It does seem that perhaps members -- CC, CBK, UAMF -- might talk this up at local shows and perhaps reach someone. Maybe an ad on our tables ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
chrism

Post by chrism »

Whoever takes up the sig leadership needs to be an ipms member. There has been a notification put in the December ipms magazine asking for someone before Feb I believe else it will cease.
TomW

Post by TomW »

Good evening everyone.

Firstly huge apologies to you all for not being very present over the last few months, unfortunately the real world continues to swallow every waking moment I have and leaves no time for the things I actually enjoy doing!

As things stand there has not been an approach to take over the SiG and my self imposed deadline is rapidly approaching, which in turn does not bode too well for the future operation of the group.

There is still a full week to go so I am hoping against hope that the magazine editorial may yet bring forth a saviour but I do believe that we may be drawing down the curtain on this particular endeavour sooner rather than later.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10