CC SIG Leadership and Telford 2012

About CC SIG, FAQ, Announcements, General Discussion and Chat

Moderator: JohnRatzenberger

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

CC SIG Leadership and Telford 2012

Post by bluesteel »

Due to circumstances beyond my control I won't be able to make Telford this year, which means if we want a display for the CC SIG, someone will need to step forward to co-ordinate it and run it at Telford - any volunteers?

Additionally, I have been SIG Leader for two years now and should really stand down and give someone else a chance at the helm, or rather control column - again does anyone wish to put themselves forward? I think then we need a vote if there's more than one candidate (which I can run on the CC SIG Forum).

I'll make the announcement to CC SIG Members via the CC SIG Forum broadcast so everyone is aware.

So please don't be shy CC SIG Members, volunteer here in this thread or PM me directly if you are interested.

Julian
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
MerlinJones

Re: CC SIG Leadership and Telford 2012

Post by MerlinJones »

I'll pitch in with nominating TomW, ("Our Leader in Waiting"! :mrgreen: )*, who has been building his own Coastal Command...although I believe he is yet to officially join up.
I'll also take a deep breath and commit to SMW this year, so will at least assist with any display organisation and manning.

Regards,
Bruce

*The look on his face when I suggested he fill your shoes was one to behold.
(He hasn't the physique to manage high heels).
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

MerlinJones wrote:I'll pitch in with nominating TomW, ("Our Leader in Waiting"! :mrgreen: )*, who has been building his own Coastal Command...although I believe he is yet to officially join up.
I'll also take a deep breath and commit to SMW this year, so will at least assist with any display organisation and manning.

Regards,
Bruce

*The look on his face when I suggested he fill your shoes was one to behold.
(He hasn't the physique to manage high heels).
Good nomination Bruce. I seem to remember he did say he was going to join the SIG at Telford last year. I'm sure both you and I will be able to help him take his first tottering steps in CC high heels - should he choose to accept the mission....
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TomW »

Gentlemen, I certainly will be available for Telford this year so will be more than happy to man the stand with Bruce. As regards that other matter, I am again more than happy to assume such weighty responsability but I'll have to respectfully decline the shoes :ha: Bruce is very right about my physique not suiting heels.

I haven't got a clue about what is required to run a Sig, or how to do it, or, or ...... you get the picture so I will need a huge amount of help (and no doubt several kicks up the a**e) if I were to be selected.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

TomW wrote:Gentlemen, I certainly will be available for Telford this year so will be more than happy to man the stand with Bruce. As regards that other matter, I am again more than happy to assume such weighty responsability but I'll have to respectfully decline the shoes :ha: Bruce is very right about my physique not suiting heels.

I haven't got a clue about what is required to run a Sig, or how to do it, or, or ...... you get the picture so I will need a huge amount of help (and no doubt several kicks up the a**e) if I were to be selected.

Regards

Tom
Running the SIG is mostly about filling in the paperwork for the IPMS then pleading and cajoling people to decide what theme they want for Telford, then ensuring they supply the kits they have promised on time.

We could do with a little more pro-activity from the UK SIG members as the most enthusiastic last year have been our US members, with special commendation going to John Ratzenberger for supplying the Beaufighters and Mustangs for the Flakship Attack display.

I've made the announcement regarding the call for a new SIG Leader on the CC SIG Forum and will need to wait a couple of weeks to see if anyone else puts their hat in the ring. If so, we'd have to have a vote, if not, and if you were happy to take it on, you'll be elected unopposed.

I'm happy to help out filling out this years returns paperwork (which needs to be submitted by 20th April) and if the CC is having the same presence at Telford with you and Bruce in charge, then I can also request the normal 2 tables.

I'll be able to help out as much as I can until about August when things get very busy for me at work until the early part of 2013. But I'm sure Bruce will give you more than adequate guidance even if you can't manage the stilettos :)
Bluesteel

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Oh, boy, fresh meat !! :-D

Thanks for standing up, Tom, relatively speaking :grin:
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

So far we have one candidate, Tom Watts, who has graciously thrown his hat into the ring to take up the mantle of CC SIG Leader. If nobody else comes forward as a candidate by Sunday 25th March (nearly a month since I called for new candidates), I'll assume no vote will be needed and Tom will be our new Leader.

Julian
Bluesteel

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

I think Tom will make a good leader for the CC SIG. I'll do my best to help him and also to contribute to the Telford display this year.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

I will happily pass on my in depth knowledge of form filling to the new victim leader.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

JamesPerrin wrote:I will happily pass on my in depth knowledge of form filling to the new victim leader.
I might have to contract Pickfords to deliver the boxes of IPMS UK paperwork to him... :lol:
Bluesteel

MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Has he joined the SIG yet, or even the IPMS-UK? :mrgreen:
TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TomW »

I can happily answer yes to both questions Bruce :ha: and thankyou Al and James for your support :grin: This will be both and honour and a priviledge to lead the CC SIG, but also a significant challenge. I hope to continue in the sterling work Julian has done.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Good on you, Tom! I'm sure you'll do a fine job.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Good news !!
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

(Poor bugger)

Return to “CC Information and Chat”