Telford 2011 Display

About CC SIG, FAQ, Announcements, General Discussion and Chat

Moderator: JohnRatzenberger

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Re: Telford 2011 Display

Post by bluesteel »

Brews wrote:It's not too late to make it u/c up. The construction lends itself to placing the u/c last, so I could just cement the u/c doors in place with white glue. You'll have to ignore the non-retracted tailwheel :P
That sounds like a good plan. Of course having a tail wheel retraction failure on take off wouldn't have been a reason to return to base for a brave Mossie Strike crew :grin:
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Julian, you have my Mossie form last year and it is perfectly fine for you to remove the U/C and repaint if necessary. :grin: Same with the Blenheim for that matter.

I have a Shack that I'd be prepared to contribute if necessary, but as the postage cost will be quite high, I'd not mind if someone in the UK contributed one instead!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I replied in the CC SIG but here it is again.

Yes, 3 Beaufighter & 4 Mustang

No more production from me ...
Go for option 1 and use Triggs Lib.
Who has my Whitley from the FROG or 101 Gems display ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

So far for the CC display we have:

Table 1:

Strike diorama

1 Modified Snowberry Flakship, 3 Blenheims, 3 Beaufighters protected by 4 Mustangs.

Ideally I'd like to see a few more ships, maybe an E-Boat in 1/72nd if someone can bring one?

I could move the black Swordfish and Beaufort from the general CC table to the Strike Diorama if needed.

Table 2:

General CC:

3 x Ansons, 1 x Catalina, 1 x Liberator, 1 x Beaufort 2 x Whitley, 1x Blenheim, 2 x Mosquito, 1 x Wellington, 1 x Botha, 1 x Ventura, 1 x Beaufighter, 1 x Halifax, 1 x Swordfish, 1 x Maryland (Malta), 1 x Neptune

19 so far, which should be OK for a decent display, but more still welcome, especially if anyone can bring post war CC aircraft.

I intend to display more of the history cards and posters than were on display last year and perhaps redesign some of the smaller model description cards I used at the IPMS West Norfolk show if I have the time.

My main problems now are getting the Flakship finished on time and finding bases heavy enough to mount the Strike aircraft on. The Flakship might no be such a problem as its nearly finished and it's probable that the original Kreigsmarine converted Snowberrys might have put to see before being fully outfitted anyway.
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

jRatz wrote:I replied in the CC SIG but here it is again.

Yes, 3 Beaufighter & 4 Mustang

No more production from me ...
Go for option 1 and use Triggs Lib.
Who has my Whitley from the FROG or 101 Gems display ?
I think I have your Whitley John, I've just found a big cardboard box from the USA I brought back from Telford last year and the Whitley is in that.
Bluesteel

Return to “CC Information and Chat”