Operation Sealion / SS GB *** SB Completed ***

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Re: Operation Sealion Shared build anyone?

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:We can call it the SS GB SB :-D
...or PTs SS GB SB? :-D

Well Gents, after a perusal of the SB guidelines it would seem that there is no strict time limits on SBs. I've got one GB on the go and another starting this weekend, then the Books and comics one in May when I hope to have 3 subjects. Given that the theme lends itself to potentially complex builds I would suggest a long timeframe to allow participation in other GBs, say 6 months, starting at the beginning of March whilst SS GB is still fresh in the creative part of our minds.
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Purplethistle wrote:

Well Gents, after a perusal of the SB guidelines it would seem that there is no strict time limits on SBs. I've got one GB on the go and another starting this weekend, then the Books and comics one in May when I hope to have 3 subjects. Given that the theme lends itself to potentially complex builds I would suggest a long timeframe to allow participation in other GBs, say 6 months, starting at the beginning of March whilst SS GB is still fresh in the creative part of our minds.
Sounds good to me! I have similar time demands, apart from some mysterious concept called 'real life' :roll: :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

iggie wrote:
Purplethistle wrote:

Sounds good to me! I have similar time demands, apart from some mysterious concept called 'real life' :roll: :-D :-D
I try, whenever possible, to avoid 'real life'.....it's just so difficult to get the right decals! :-D
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Operation Sealion / SS GB Shared build anyone?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

You don't need me to set up anything in the SB forum, so go for it.
Edit this thread title to show something like *** Shared Build open ***.

I'll post you to the GB/SB calendar later this week.

Question. I initially thought this was for German stuff, but I see you doing a 1/35 HG scene -- can I join in with one also ? I have the Accurate Armor Bedford Armadillo, a few figures and a number of references. A "Dad's Army" scene had great interest for me a number of years ago, I started the vehicle, then it got shunted aside. It's not very done, and I no longer have the diorama concept in mind so that would have to be a fresh start -- you might inspire me .... 2nd thought, I better leave that period open for a number of other things, very few modeling ... I'll just watch and take notes.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
iggie

Post by iggie »

Looks like we're official then :-D

eBay here I come! :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Yay, I might get some more troops and have a bit of a fight scene in a village or the like. I've got the 109's and tanks done as well as some German troops. I think the Germans control at least the southern part of Britain in the SS GB series so more airfields come into play. I wonder if they reached St Neots (Cambs not Cornwall), could have a proper fight on the market square!!. :lol:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
SouthEast Aviation99
Getting well comfy!

Post by SouthEast Aviation99 »

I like the sound of this, an interesting idea indeed.
Forever Thinking outside the box
iggie

Post by iggie »

MarkyM607 wrote: I wonder if they reached St Neots (Cambs not Cornwall), could have a proper fight on the market square!!. :lol:
Well, it would be the most (only?) exciting thing to have happened there :ha:

:-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

iggie wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote: I wonder if they reached St Neots (Cambs not Cornwall), could have a proper fight on the market square!!. :lol:

Actually we have the moving picture here now!!!, sound and everything!! :ha: :ha: :ha: . You're right though, it's a nice place mostly but apart from the civil war with the king passing through and nicking bones from St Neots in Cornwall I think that's it! :lol: :lol:
(And this from a Milton Keynes person. Humpf!!, like that's exciting!! :ha: :ha: :ha: )
iggie

Post by iggie »

MarkyM607 wrote:
iggie wrote:

Actually we have the moving picture here now!!!, sound and everything!! :ha: :ha: :ha: . You're right though, it's a nice place mostly but apart from the civil war with the king passing through and nicking bones from St Neots in Cornwall I think that's it! :lol: :lol:
(And this from a Milton Keynes person. Humpf!!, like that's exciting!! :ha: :ha: :ha: )
It gets worse; I grew up in Reading and nothibg happened there either! Unless you count Oscar Wilde being in prison..... ;-)
Best wishes

Jim
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

MarkyM607 wrote:Yay, I might get some more troops and have a bit of a fight scene in a village or the like. I've got the 109's and tanks done as well as some German troops. I think the Germans control at least the southern part of Britain in the SS GB series so more airfields come into play. I wonder if they reached St Neots (Cambs not Cornwall), could have a proper fight on the market square!!. :lol:
Depending on when it was built, you could have your own house in a dio Marky :grin:
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Purplethistle wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:Yay, I might get some more troops and have a bit of a fight scene in a village or the like. I've got the 109's and tanks done as well as some German troops. I think the Germans control at least the southern part of Britain in the SS GB series so more airfields come into play. I wonder if they reached St Neots (Cambs not Cornwall), could have a proper fight on the market square!!. :lol:
Depending on when it was built, you could have your own house in a dio Marky :grin:
Good idea, but I think my row was built in the 60's!. Although my Grandad's house in Barford was there before the 40's so....

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”