Blitzbau XVIII *** Complete/Archived ***

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Blitzbau XVIII *** Complete/Archived ***

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

? ? ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Arcwelder
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Blitzbau XVIII

Post by Arcwelder »

I've got four or five lined up for this.. can't wait.
Is this your sanderling?.

2016: A:40 B:12
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

I am on board and will Mod it John. We can go Jan 30-Feb 28 to catch the weekends or Feb 1 to Feb29. No problems either way.

Existing Rules.

1. Blitzbau. A Signature UAMF Group Build.
-- Each participant is expected to complete a kit of their choice, to a standard of their choosing, in a 24-hour period, with periodic (hourly or so) photo updates. There is a 'senior' (or 'wuss') option that allows the 24-hours to be split into two roughly equal periods with not more than 12 hours, preferably less, between them. There are no exceptions, excuses, extensions.
-- Extra non-credit is given for the clock used, food and drink consumed, music and videos, and other events in/around the work area.
-- We usually run a Blitzbau in February and in August. They are a month-long to enable participants to schedule their 'blitz' (or blitzes) when most convenient.
-- A Blitzbau is all about participation and chatter from everyone, not just those who might be blitz-ing. It's fun .... try it out, just don't try too much the first time … But it is also fun to push your limits.
-- The key to a Blitzbau is Planning.
-- You can look at your model all you want to beforehand; the instructions, the parts, the painting & decaling.
-- Write down a simple plan, the kit instruction sequence may not be ideal for a Blitz format.
-- Ensure you have all the useable paint, the tools, the glues, the aftermarket you need -- before the clock starts.
-- The key is time management; everything counts. Don't forget that you have to make regular progress posts with pictures and interact with other folks blitzing at the same time.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I've missed out on the last few blitzbau so I'm in. going through the stash soon to find a victim.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
jssel

Post by jssel »

Great. Nice to have you aboard. I am doing a Canadian theme this time complete with some musical interludes.
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

jssel wrote:Great. Nice to have you aboard. I am doing a Canadian theme this time complete with some musical interludes.
A 'themed' blitzbau. There's an idea we could run with. I'm still undecided as to what to build. I may leave my comfort zone and do something other than an aircraft. Not saying that's what I'll do, it's just a maybe.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
jssel

Post by jssel »

Well at least my choice is a Canadian P51(New Airfix) and Canadian artists. Still working on a playlist but expect BTO, Rush, Guess Who and some others. Taking a break from the Grumman Cats.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

I just lost the last 1/3 of the month and the first 2/3 aren't pretty, but I have missed out on the last couple for the same reasons and I really want to get back in the habit -- maybe not as challenging as I used to do, but at least get the Blitzbau juices going again ....

I have a number of choices, but perhaps the new 1/350 K-class submarine by Mikr Mir would be a good one ...
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Is it that time of year again? I will see what I can organise although I'm supposed to have an operation some day soon. I'll try to get the blitzbau house organised if I can.

I'm long overdue a Spitfire build.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
jssel

Post by jssel »

Good to have you aboard O-T. Sure you can find something or other to build.
iggie

Post by iggie »

I will try and have a go at this this year.....I've been looking for an excuse to dig out that 1/24th Tiffie :shock: :shock: :-D

I think though I will attempt something a little smaller and simpler for my first go at a blitzbau :grin: :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
mjatx

Post by mjatx »

Count me in. I've got a Mig-15 and a Spitfire I think will be up for the job...hopefully, I am too.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Your forum is open here.

Enjoy !!!

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”