Rescue me! Emergency and rescue GB?

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Rescue me! Emergency and rescue GB?

Post by Purplethistle »

Has there been a GB for Emergency/Rescue before?
If not, how about a GB for any kind of Ambulance, Fire wagon, Medevac chopper, Water bomber or Medic figure?
Air, land or sea. Plane, boat, vehicle or person....if it's purpose is to give aid, it's eligible. it could even be Katy ......or Pammy! :-D
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
fredk
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Rescue me! Emergency and rescue GB?

Post by fredk »

yup, it would mean I might actually build the RNLI Lifeboat kit I have, or the RAF Rescue Launch
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
iggie

Post by iggie »

I have the old Airfix fire engine and ambulance airfield set (somewhere....)
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
chrism

Post by chrism »

I have a shelf full of potential contenders that could fit this one, including what Fred and Iggie named so far.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Darn, and I've just done my yellow RAF helo's project. Of course there is the Navy's grey/orange Sea King.....
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

On a quick look, I have the Airfix Dennis and the Entex 1/16 version of same ...
But I have some other thoughts ....

Question for clarification. The theme is emergency/rescue but the description mentions "any kind of ambulance, ...."
Is "emergency/rescue" required of just "any type" ? I think of an ambulance -- it's emergency/rescue at the scene and perhaps transporting to the first level of care, but is an ambulance (or hospital train/ship) that move patients from one level of care to a higher level of care still in an "emergency/rescue" role ?
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
fredk

Post by fredk »

I say no. I base that on here in N.I. we have ambulances for transporting patients, non emergency transfer ambulances do not have blue lamps, emergency first on scene or emergency transfer [same vehicle type] have blue lamps.
Al speling misteaks aer all mi own werk..
Its not just how good your painting is, its how good the touch-ups are too.
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

jRatz wrote:On a quick look, I have the Airfix Dennis and the Entex 1/16 version of same ...
But I have some other thoughts ....

Question for clarification. The theme is emergency/rescue but the description mentions "any kind of ambulance, ...."
Is "emergency/rescue" required of just "any type" ? I think of an ambulance -- it's emergency/rescue at the scene and perhaps transporting to the first level of care, but is an ambulance (or hospital train/ship) that move patients from one level of care to a higher level of care still in an "emergency/rescue" role ?
Good question. I would certainly consider a Hospital ship or train eligible, as would be any vehicle not originally designed for, but nevertheless pressed into service transporting wounded at any stage of their aid.
E.g a Jeep or Kubelwagen with a stretcher on top. (Idea, literally as I type! - a British Para pushing a wounded comrade on a wheelbarrow or handcart)
As well as transporting wounded, any type of vehicle used to assist an evacuee or person requiring aid would count - Coastguard, civilian Police car or helo etc. but perhaps not Military Police.
(Another idea! ....a small boat picking up troops from Dunkirk would also count as rescue :-D )
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

fredk wrote:I say no. I base that on here in N.I. we have ambulances for transporting patients, non emergency transfer ambulances do not have blue lamps, emergency first on scene or emergency transfer [same vehicle type] have blue lamps.
Hmmm, interesting one! It could also be argued that the hospital ships had operating theatres aboard and some of the patients would not have been out of danger until they had had access to the facilities aboard.
Topic for debate?
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I think then we are really looking at "first responder" which is OK by me.
I just wondered if "any type" took us into other areas.

BTW, there are/were purpose built hospital ships.

BREAK.

Would rescue include ocean-going tugs? I think of Foundation Franklin and others glorified in Farley Mowatt's classic Grey Seas Under. BTW, read it if you never have, or again if a long time ago.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

jRatz wrote:I think then we are really looking at "first responder" which is OK by me.
I just wondered if "any type" took us into other areas.

BTW, there are/were purpose built hospital ships.

BREAK.

Would rescue include ocean-going tugs? I think of Foundation Franklin and others glorified in Farley Mowatt's classic Grey Seas Under. BTW, read it if you never have, or again if a long time ago.
First response it is then.
I would reckon ocean-going tugs would fit the bill, particularly if the kit represented a vessel that was involved in any type of rescue.
DH-Drover
Active Participant

Post by DH-Drover »

Our vet has an Animal Ambulance :roll: ?

Dai
Life or Death there no other options.
Indian Proverb.
chrism

Post by chrism »

Yes there were a number of hospital ships, some of them were issued with decals and options just to build like such, whilst others have had decal options to allow building them as wartime hospital vessels or otherwise
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

I was thinking about taking the lifeboat and chin radar from an Academy SB-17G and using them on the Airfix B-17G and build a SB-17G Flying Fortress flown by the 3rd Rescue Squadron out of Misawa Japan during the Korean War. Would that be allowed?
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Chuck Finley wrote:I was thinking about taking the lifeboat and chin radar from an Academy SB-17G and using them on the Airfix B-17G and build a SB-17G Flying Fortress flown by the 3rd Rescue Squadron out of Misawa Japan during the Korean War. Would that be allowed?
Oh yeah! That sounds like a good one.
If this gets enough signees then it might be an idea to have it late next year, after the release of the Airfix 1/48 Walrus :-D

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”