Israeli Defense Force GB *** Complete & Archived ***

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Israeli Air Force GB? (or IDF?)

Post by Old_Tonto »

beany wrote:I am very keen on anything in Israeli markings so count me in. I may even splash out on a 1/32 F-14A and some after market decals.
Don't think the Israeli's used them beany. Did you mean the F-15?
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Old_Tonto wrote:
beany wrote:I am very keen on anything in Israeli markings so count me in. I may even splash out on a 1/32 F-14A and some after market decals.
Don't think the Israeli's used them beany. Did you mean the F-15?
The IAF didn't use the F-14A, although they did consider it. I think they found it far too much aircraft for their needs and went with the F-15/F-16 instead. However they might well have had a trials aircraft, and if you can find a photo of one in IAF marking then I’ll allow it.

Ok then - apologies for the gap in getting this moving. So far we have 9 people with some interest, and 1 probably. So far we have:

1. Sir T (Me)
2. Planecrazyman1 (Craig)
3. Fredk (Fred)
4. PaulBradley (Paul)
5. Jissel (Jeff)
6. iggie
7. Old_Tonto
8. MarkyM601
9. Beany

Probable: Gregers (Greg)

I think the consensus would be for a IDF GB rather than a IAF GB, which is fine by me – and I would propose a start date of 28th May for ??? weeks.

Another thought I had however, As the IDF/IAF was formed on the 28th May 1948 – would we be better to do a 70th anniversary build next year (2018)?

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Sir T wrote: Another thought I had however, As the IDF/IAF was formed on the 28th May 1948 – would we be better to do a 70th anniversary build next year (2018)?

Stuart
Now that does make sense. 8-)
Current Projects:
Chuck Finley

Post by Chuck Finley »

I have a Revell Mirage III sitting in the stash with aftermarket Israeli markings. I'm in
On second thoughts, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place!
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Hi Chuck - that would look ace.

I think it may well be worth doing this in 2018, as then it would be the 70th birthday of the IDF.

planecrazyman61

Post by planecrazyman61 »

hi if anyone's still interested in the idea of a Israeli forces GB i'm happy to run it as GB leader if Stuart has not got the time ,there was about 10 interested parties when 1st proposed so if your all still keen let us know and we can get it put on the calendar
cheers craig
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

I am very interested but a lot depends on when, both armour and aircraft appeal for this but I am stuck for references and plans on the armour- I would particularly want to build IDF Sherman and Centurion variants.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
planecrazyman61

hi david i'm of a same mind with the IDF Shermans really fancy making a 1/35 M51 Sherman though struggle to pin down which batches certain models represent ,references/plans would definitely help with the identification of the batches ,also have a number of suitable aircraft i might do as well if the GB is long enough ,i was going to suggest 6 weeks in sept/oct 2018 as it's 45 years since the Yom Kippur War

craig
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

My models would be to 1/76 scale Craig, I have a good stock of Sherman kits in the stash and just need scale drawings to seriously think of building them, although I have found drawings and pictures for the M50 and M51 here- http://www.theshermantank.com/m50/israe ... ee-action/;
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Hi PCM,

I'm happy if you want to take it on and run with it, but the reason it was put on hold was that 2018 is the 70th anni of the formation of the IDF (and the country) - it was felt that next year would be better.

But as I said - happy if you want to run with it.

Cheers

Stuart

Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

I will be in on this but unsure what with as yet. Probably something from the early Israeli AF days or the suez crisis.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
planecrazyman61

Sir T wrote:Hi PCM,

I'm happy if you want to take it on and run with it, but the reason it was put on hold was that 2018 is the 70th anni of the formation of the IDF (and the country) - it was felt that next year would be better.

But as I said - happy if you want to run with it.

Cheers

Stuart
hi Sir T it was more a case of i wanted to see the GB take place ,wasn't sure why the thread had gone quiet but thought it might help to get the thread active again and try and find a slot in the calendar before it gets too full, i'm happy to be the deputy GBL on this if you still fancy running it as i have also suggested a couple more ideas for GB's
cheers
craig
planecrazyman61

lancfan wrote:My models would be to 1/76 scale Craig, I have a good stock of Sherman kits in the stash and just need scale drawings to seriously think of building them, although I have found drawings and pictures for the M50 and M51 here- http://www.theshermantank.com/m50/israe ... ee-action/;
thanks for the link David ,it,s useful for a 1/72 conversion (1st one) i've started converting an italeri M4A1 into a M1 Super Sherman (HVSS suspension-spare from a trumpeter M4A3E8) still need to get hold of a correct turret/gun for the M1

cheers craig
IronMan129

Post by IronMan129 »

I would be up for this but I have an issue.
I have a Hasegawa KFIR C.2 but would need to sauce Decals so put me down as a maybe if this does go ahead.
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

Maverick231 wrote:I would be up for this but I have an issue.
I have a Hasegawa KFIR C.2 but would need to sauce Decals so put me down as a maybe if this does go ahead.
I think I have some spare Kfir decals from the Italeri kit if you need them jRatz.

I am still up for this GB too. i have a Super Sherman in the stash all ready to go. 8-)
Current Projects:

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”