Air War 1918

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Air War 1918

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I would be more in favor of mid-Sep -> mid-Nov, as SWMBO and I typically go on holiday the last part of November.
If not possible, I'll have to look at something smaller, simpler perhaps (not that I already have a project picked out).
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
VickersVandal
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by VickersVandal »

Actually, that would probably be better. We could time the build to end on the 11/11/18 :grin:

Happy to change the build dates to: 11/9/18 - 11/11/18

(US forum members please note, the build runs for 2 months, not 2 days because the dates above are in the logical format that the rest of the world uses :ha: :ha: )
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
Spaceowl

Post by Spaceowl »

Would it be permissible to have ground vehicles in this GB as well? This was the war that introduced the tank, after all, and I have an Emhar Whippet that would fit the bill nicely.

Just a thought.
Overhead a rainbow appears...in black and white.

Current Projects:
Aircraft of VMA-542, USMC
Peru-Ecuador War 1995
THK 1939-2023
Polish Air Force 1939
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Wingnut Wings just announced a Sopwith Dolphin that would fit here nicely, but after much internal debate I think I'm going to pass - I already have an unfinishable stash.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
pmmaker
Active Participant

Post by pmmaker »

I've committed to the Fokker D.VII group build already. I'm not willing to join another WWI themed build that is so close in theme and dates. If somehow both GBs could be consolidated into one, I'd be in. I only build 5 or 6 kits a year. 3/4ths of next year's building budget has already been spoken for in the three GBs I've already committed to.

pmmaker
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad"
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

Hello good people. I wasn't aware of it til now but there is an Armistice Day GB that has traction: http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16355&start=15;. I suggest that we roll this GB into that one and the Fokker D.VII GB. This seems to be the feeling gradually coming through in this discussion anyway. Thanks everyone for your interest and hopefully this feeds into some excellent late WW1 builds in those two GBs. :grin: :grin:
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”