CBK Manufacturers (Rotating Themed Build)

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

MerlinJones

Re: CBK Manufacturers (Rotating Themed Build)

Post by MerlinJones »

Thanks Brews...I build CBK's regardless of Group Build, so where I post my build will be the only difference here.
Both previous FROG and Matchbox GB's were successful. With Airfix, there'd inevitably be some sort of discussion as to which Airfix are CBK's.

Regards,
Bruce
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Trevor worked on both Valiant and Mosquito.

It'd be easier to stick to anything created more than 20 years ago. This would facilitate the inclusion of non-aircraft subjects.

Regards,
Bruce
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

I think its just too broad with the main manufacturers to be called a GB. It may work better with the smaller ones/cottage industry kits as there are commonalities in how you would need to tackle them.
eg Vacforms, shortrun injection, unbuildable Merlins...
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Indeed.
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

JamesPerrin wrote:I think its just too broad with the main manufacturers to be called a GB. It may work better with the smaller ones/cottage industry kits as there are commonalities in how you would need to tackle them.
eg Vacforms, shortrun injection, unbuildable Merlins...
Agreed 100%...Contrail, Rareplanes, Execuform, Arba, Project-X (originals not the Whirly resin repops), Dynavector, Anigrand, Lunar Models, Planet...to name a few but my preference would probably be more towards an OOP cottage/niche manufacturer that I had in the stash...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

I could get into this, Brews. Just for an idea, you could use the Arthur Ward book on Airfix because it lists production years. That is if it accurate. Not sure about the others but there is enough combined knowledge on this site to make a rather large list.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Yes and no. I do like the idea of more CBK GBs (naturally!), but the single-manufacturer concept is a bit broad. Maybe by narrowing it down a bit by scales or series - which all of the Big Three did - for example, Airfix Series 2 kits, or Frog Green Series.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I'm not for the concept -- it ties up a slot (out of 5) in the calendar for a year with no guarantee that anyone will participate. And if we start talking more than one month per build, it ties up even more.

I'd rather we propose individual GB's, one at a time, like we've been doing and fill a year with specifics .... That way we can accommodate changing preferences
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”