Future GB Poll #1 - media other than injection mold styrene

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Would you like to participate in a

Poll ended at June 27th, 2011, 2:24 am

Resin GB
40%
Vac-Form GB
30%
Paper GB
20%
Metal GB
10%
Other (non- inject stryene)
No votes

Total votes: 20

Softscience
Staring out the window

Re: Future GB Poll #1 - media other than injection mold styr

Post by Softscience »

Scary stuff John. Good idea for a GB though. Especially if some of the more well versed multi-media folks can help guide us newbies.

I would suggest meeting folks halfway though and making it a mixed media short run kit build. Perhaps to enhance the guiding hand aspect of the build we can all do a single type or even single kit. Classic Airframes Whirlwind or something :-D
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

Think that might be a a little over-specific for a GB...I think we'd be hard-pressed to find a single multimedia kit that was widely available, relatively inexpensive and with appeal that covers enough builders for a GB...maybe spin it the other way and have a GB for any model that is not injected plastic...? Maybe any and all Whirlwinds that are not injected...? I have the ID vac in 1/32, and (free to legally download) paper one in 1/50...the Classic Airframes one is multimedia so, as you say, might meet the entry criteria as well...

Just had a quick check and this 1/32 paper Whirlwind is available from http://www.papermodels.co.il/ :

From memory, I don't think there are any resin or vinyl Whirlwinds available but stand to be corrected on this one...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Paper beats rock...

Went through a paper modelling stint when I had my flat and little room. I came across a little to Yamaha who had paper models of some of their bikes. Best thing is that is practically free as there are plenty of things out there to download and print out yourself; and you can do it at whatever scale you choose. I collected a whole load of pdf's mainly sci-fi subjects.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”