Future GB Poll #3 - Modelling Mojo and Blitzbau

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Would you participate in a

Poll ended at June 27th, 2011, 2:58 am

Blitzbau
69%
Modelling Mojo
31%

Total votes: 13

AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: Future GB Poll #3 - Modelling Mojo and Blitzbau

Post by AndrewR »

MerlinJones wrote:My recollection of the last Mojo Build, was that most participants had not lost their mojo, as evidenced by their builds elsewhere on the Forum. Some even lost their mojo on the Build!

So, besides a 'Mojo' Build being a Blitzbau-lite, I'm unclear as to the real purpoise.

Regards,
Bruce
The same purpose as any other GB Bruce. To have fun and enjoy the company of your fellow modellers.

I have no problem if you don't want to participate, but please don't denigrate the format. It worked very well, had a lot of participants, and an excellent level of lively interaction between the participants.

As I have said repeatedly, I like observing the Blitz format, and I do try to participate in the encouragement while a build is in progress. However, I am excluded from actively participating in such builds myself. A little reciprocal support from Blitzbauers would be nice. There is room for both in this forum.

Cheers

Andrew
Up in the Great White North
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

forgive if ive got this wrong but surely the purpose of a 'mojo' build is to build something different from what you normally do, not as an activity to regain 'lost mojo' as in lack of interest in building?..........thats the way ive understood it
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

AndrewR wrote:
MerlinJones wrote:My recollection of the last Mojo Build, was that most participants had not lost their mojo, as evidenced by their builds elsewhere on the Forum. Some even lost their mojo on the Build!

So, besides a 'Mojo' Build being a Blitzbau-lite, I'm unclear as to the real purpoise.

Regards,
Bruce
The same purpose as any other GB Bruce. To have fun and enjoy the company of your fellow modellers.

I have no problem if you don't want to participate, but please don't denigrate the format. It worked very well, had a lot of participants, and an excellent level of lively interaction between the participants.

As I have said repeatedly, I like observing the Blitz format, and I do try to participate in the encouragement while a build is in progress. However, I am excluded from actively participating in such builds myself. A little reciprocal support from Blitzbauers would be nice. There is room for both in this forum.

Cheers

Andrew
No denigration, just a simple query, on account of a need for clarification.
The original Mojo was, as far as I understood it, a means to get those who had lost their modelling mojo back into modelling. One tactic, to answer Beowulf, was to have a go at something different.

The Blitzbau, originally, was intended to try and break those modellers who repeatedly failed to complete stuff and to try and get them away from AMS...back to modelling like when we was little, when we slapped kits together quickly and without anxiety re finish, or accuracy. A very similar purpose to that of the Mojo GB, apart from timescales.

The original purpose of a GB was way more than simply "To have fun and enjoy the company of your fellow modellers". As far as I see it, that occurs in here every hour of every day of our 24/7, on-line modelling club.

All that said, I appreciate that, with new blood, comes new interpretations. Hence my polite request for clarification.

Regards,
Bruce
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

I'm sorry Bruce but you seem to be nitpicking about the Modelling Mojo name. If I called it "The fun but relaxed build of a simple kit GB", naybe that would suit you better.

End of discussion.
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Brews wrote:Ladies, please! Handbags at 20 paces! :)

:grin:

Cheers Brews :)

Prada for my choice...
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

just check that one of them aint cheating by slipping in a house brick :-D
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

Beowulf Shaeffer wrote:

just check that one of them aint cheating by slipping in a house brick :-D
BWP
Got in under the wire

Post by BWP »

Personally I have zero interest in a blitz. The very idea of it makes me feel ill. :(

A mojo build ... maybe ... but post-Christmas is usually when I'm feeling most fired up about modelling any way (holidays, good weather making working in the garage pleasant, long daylight hours, etc.). I could probably do with one right now (didn't touch any plastic at all this past long weekend ...).
Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia
"I want to decide who lives and who dies."
My Model Profile
timet10
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by timet10 »

My vote went on the Mojo build as I am struggling to get anything finished at the moment and I think that I could do with a change of direction to re-light the burners. :-|

Colin
Currently on the bench Airfix 1/48 Blenheim
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Blitzes for me too - although I can't always participate, its always fun to spectate! :-D
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”