Airfix 1/76 105mm Light Gun

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Airfix 1/76 105mm Light Gun

Post by splash »

Manufacture Airfix (Originally JB Models)
Scale 1/76
Airfix skill level 1
Number of parts 26 per Gun 52 in total (Two guns included in pack)
Price in the UK £5.99 (2011)
Number of build options 2
105mm Light Gun British Army L118
105mm American M119

First Impressions
On opening the small box I was pleasantly surprised to find a bag containing 2 light grey plastic sprues that contained parts to build two guns, both sets include two barrels, the shorter being for the American M119 version.

The parts are finely moulded with very little sign of flash, only one or two parts have very small injector pin marks.

On the corner of the sprue there is a JB Model mark indicating the origins of this kit

The instructions consist of an 4 page A4 booklet, with the normal exploded view diagrams. The instructions look straight forward and should be reasonable to follow by anyone, including first time builders.

The gun can be assembled in the firing position, or in the towing position, a nice touch is they have included a small tow bar to fit on a Land Rover / One Tonne if you plan to display it being towed.

Problems
I can’t see any big problems with this kit, the only down side is they have not included any figures which will make it difficult to display in a firing position.

Decals
None included

splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Re: Airfix 1/76 105mm Light Gun

Post by splash »

Here it is finished.

ian lanc
Active Participant

Re: Airfix 1/76 105mm Light Gun

Post by ian lanc »

I love the BIG.. JB models badge ! You would have thought airfix would have removed it from the mould !

Your gun has turned out quite well.

Return to “In-Box reviews”