FROG Ar234B/C

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

FROG Ar234B/C

Post by Martin R »

Reunited with an old friend, via e-bay. I love the box art:

Colour options. There is one there for a V-1 carrier. Cool! Except I like the blotches of light blue / grey on the B-2. Decisions, decisions!

And some sprues. Apologies, all my nearer shots came out blurred. There are representations of the compressor blades and turbine cones in the engines, and there looks like some not unreasonable Luftwaffe ordnance. The main detail I remember from when I built this kit years ago is that the Walter rocket packs have the support struts moulded in a solid frame of plastic. I will try to do something about that this time!

I would categorise this as a fairly standard late FROG kit (anyone know when it was issued?). Nice restrained raised detail, a pretty accurate shape, a reasonable pilot and a valiant attempt to provide details (eg integral boarding ladder, control surface balance / hinges). Unfortunately, everything looks just that little bit 'clunky', particularly trailing edge thickness. However, I bet it'll build nicely 'as is', and it'd give the afficionado of 'home made' styrene sheet and rod details a good basic canvas to add to.

Oh yes, transparencies look clear. A bit thick, but eminently usable. As are the decals.

Go on, you know you want to!

regards,

Martin
Beowulf Shaeffer
Earning Reputation Points

Re: FROG Ar234B/C

Post by Beowulf Shaeffer »

will watch this with interest................................cos if that was the one on ebay in the last week or so, i was watching it!! :ha:

i remember building this back in the day and want to tackle it again some time :-D
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell

On the Bench: Beagle
Next on the bench: not sure yet lol
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I think I want one now.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
peebeep

Post by peebeep »

Martin R wrote:I would categorise this as a fairly standard late FROG kit (anyone know when it was issued?).

1976, the production run was 30,000. If you're having trouble deciding which option to build, get another one!
Martin R wrote:Go on, you know you want to!
I somehow seem to have acquired two Frog boxings, plus a Revell re-pop.

peebeep
Jagewa
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Jagewa »

Wow, that looks great, I didn't realise the Frog one had the four engine option or the V1 as well. Crikey be on the look out for one of those.

Thanks for the inbox peek Martin.

Cheers
Jim
phil b
starter kit

Post by phil b »

i have that same kit in a matchbox erm... box.
i recognize the sprues and the description of the rocket packs struts being solid, what i intend to do about that is borrow some fuel tank struts from an old Messerschmidt 110 kit that look about the same and replace the kit ones.

p.s. was this ever released as just a standard 234? i.e. no four engined version or V1?
i know i've built this from this same box (in fact its in line for a restoration at some point)
bobblelink
Active Participant

Post by bobblelink »

Love those Frog kits- always nice builds- might get this one myself
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17

Return to “In-Box reviews”