Zvezda 1/35 "Terminator"

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Zvezda 1/35 "Terminator"

Post by iggie »

This is the Zvezda 1/35 "Terminator" Russian Fire Support Combat Vehicle which is a 2012 moulding with additional parts to create a special task version of the T90 MBT.
The box arrives with a smart and glossy outer, with artwork on the front and a 5 view montage of the un-painted but built kit on the rear. The inner box is a stout top opening cardboard box, containing 8 grey plastic sprues, one of clear, some nylon mesh for engine grills, and some nylon cord for a towing line. Total 458 parts :-D . Some have criticised the use of nylon instead of PE mesh; I'll reserve judgement until I try it!
There are no decals as the Terminator was only built in limited numbers for demonstration purposes, and not (as of manufacturing) assigned to any units. That may have changed....
Moulding details are very crisp, and everything looks sharp and ready for a good dose of weathering. All paint colours are provided in Humbrol as well as (I guess as I can't read Cyrillic script!) Zvezda's own paints.
The instructions are clear and appear to have good detail about part locations, paint as you build call-outs and should be easy to follow. Another good point are the link and length tracks, which appear to have 'sag' moulded in.

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Zvezda 1/35 "Terminator"

Post by Old_Tonto »

Thanks for this review Iggie. I fancy getting myself one of these as they look like the dogs dangly bits. Are those solid track too? I hate individual links.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)

Return to “In-Box reviews”