Kopro 1/72 MiG-23ML (R.V.Aircraft tooling)

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Kopro 1/72 MiG-23ML (R.V.Aircraft tooling)

Post by Old_Tonto »

This just arrived from Poland today. I've been waiting for a late model Flogger in this scale for years as the only option until now have been the old Zvezda\Italeri kit (very basic with raised details) or the R.V. kit but with resin and brass that retails at £25. A bit steep for me . First impressions are very positive , plenty of rivet detail but not over done and shape looks good but I'm no expert on the MiG-23.

Here are some pics.

Count those rivets.

Obviously I have not built it yet but that will change soon I'm sure. The instructions are very clear and in colour which is nice. This is a repop of the R.V.Aircraft kit which is regarded as the best in this scale although has some fit issues. Kopro have replaced the resin parts with injection moulded pieces (these may have been in the R.V. kit but I have not seen one) which would explain the price. I got this for £12.49 plus postage from Poland although I spotted this one on Ebay for £2.50 so I ordered a second. She'll never find out. ;-)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231929009335? ... EBIDX%3AIT

The decals are very sharp and thin with only essential stencils which is good. Options for Czech, DDR and Iraqi air forces.
My only criticism would be the lack of stores. Only a couple of drop tanks are included but they are not to be used with this version.
So if you have any desire (or compulsion Dazzled!) to build a MiG-23 this would be the kit to go for. Rumour has it that Kopro plan to release the whole MiG-23 family. Can't wait.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)

Return to “In-Box reviews”