Bandai Millennium Falcon 'The Force awakens' 1/144

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Bandai Millennium Falcon 'The Force awakens' 1/144

Post by iggie »

Spurred on by my purchases of the 1/72 Bandai Star Wars offerings, I have just received this kit.....and it is just as awesome as the 1/72 kits in the series.
The toolings must be exceptional, as the detail present is totally sharp, not a hint of flash visible anywhere on the sprues and even whilst still in the bags containing each pair of sprues, you can feel yourself drawn to start applying washes and filters :-D
I have the Revell 1/72 version of the 'hunk of junk', but even at the larger scale it cannot hold a candle to the Bandai offering in terms of detail.
The box is the usual fairly robust top opening & glossy version, with lovely artwork and photos of the built kit; there is a lot of useful information and colour artwork that is going to be very handy unless you read/speak Japanese; all the instructions are in that language although I believe there are translations available on t'internet :-|
Once opened, the box is crammed with sprues, as shown below.
The kit is designed to snap together, as are the other kits in this series but will take glue equally well if you wish for greater permanence and no gaps (although I can't imagine there will be many anyhow!) but I would not for a minute recommend them for novices or young children; there are far too many very fine and detailed parts that even experienced modeller are going to have to exercise a fair degree of skill to contain and assemble!

I am really, really impressed with Bandai's stuff; yes, it's expensive, yes it takes a while to arrive from overseas (although it is increasingly available in the UK at an even higher price :shock: ) but it oozes quality at every turn and angle.

One day I might actuall build one, instead of dribbling over it like a loon :oops: :-D :-D

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
ronbow
Active Participant

Re: Bandai Millennium Falcon 'The Force awakens' 1/144

Post by ronbow »

Look forward to following this build.
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Bandai Millennium Falcon 'The Force awakens' 1/144

Post by iggie »

ronbow wrote:Look forward to following this build.
Don't hold yer bref Ron, it's gonna be a while yet! :grin:

It could be a toss up which I'll get to first; the Bandai Millennium Falcon, or the Crem :shock: :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “In-Box reviews”