Dragon de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 1/72 (Cyber-hobby)

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Dragon de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 1/72 (Cyber-hobby)

Post by iggie »

Newly arrived at iggie towers, this is the Dragon de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 1/72 Image

Initially released in 2011 as an FAW.1 version, I somehow missed this new tool kit and it wasn't until the release of the FAW.2 that I got hold of one.
If you have built the Frog (and others) old tool kits, I suspect your face will break into a huge smile on opening this box just as mine did; the immediate impression of quality cannot be missed!
There are 5 sprues of grey plastic and two of clear (albeit there are only a total of 5 clear parts ;-) ) plus nice clear instructions and some lovely Cartograph printed decals. A total of six different aircraft can be built from this boxing (obviously there are only parts to build one actual model :roll: ).
Panel lines are fine, but deep enough that they will take weathering washes well I suspect, and there are lashings of internal details to work with, from a full IP for the pilot to detailed U/C bays...all a far, far cry from the old kits.
I paid a shade under £14 incl. postage for mine; well worth every penny and more!

Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Dragon de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 1/72 (Cyber-hobby)

Post by JamesPerrin »

Unfortunately shape wise it's pretty sucky from all accounts, especially around the nose/cockpit. Like their Sea Venom excellent details but the basics are all wrong.

However it will look like a Sea Vixen and probably go together a lot easier than either the Xtrakit (has plenty of issues) or HighPlanes kits, and you got a bargain at that price I think originally they were north of £30!
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “In-Box reviews”