Cyberhobby 1/200 Avro Vulcan Black Buck.

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Saxon
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Cyberhobby 1/200 Avro Vulcan Black Buck.

Post by Saxon »

I have been slowly getting back into building of late and decided to grab this kit from my stash for something different. I was a little nervous as it is about the same size as a 1/72 Spitfire, the fuselage anyway.

They make it pretty easy as the wings and fuselage are moulded together so you just attach top and bottom. They have gone to a lot of trouble with detail here some I feel is a little over the top for this scale. You get two tiny crew members, a cockpit and a crew ladder. I can understand the crew ladder as you would be able to see it. But I doubt you would see cockpit through the tiny portholes. Also present are landing gear if you want to pose it on the runway.

As usual I am doing this desktop model style anyway so won't be using the interior.

You also get 2 shrikes, an ECM pod and as Cyberhobby also do a nuke carrier you get a Blue steel as well.

I would have loved to have seen a simple plate for an open bomb bay with bombs. I know it's 1/200 scale but as mentioned they provide 1/200 scale pilots!! Not to mention the tiny antennae.

I have only lost one piece so far the little bumpy thing that sits on the side of the tail. Been painting it and so far so good although as usual I freehand my camo and despite my best intentions of keeping it accurate I go off into whiff territory pattern wise. Another nice addition would have been a 1/200 scale illustration of the camo scheme to cut out. As the model fits easily onto the instruction page this would have been possible.

Here is a link to sprue shots http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemod ... rinter.php;
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Cyberhobby 1/200 Avro Vulcan Black Buck.

Post by JamesPerrin »

Two inbox reviews of the same kit you lucky people here is the Blue Steel version I review on release. I need to get around to replacing the PB images.

http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1069;
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Saxon
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Saxon »

Interesting that you needed filler. I didn't have an issue with fit on mine James.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

I seem to remember the bomb bay insert was a little loose. We're only talking about tiny amounts
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “In-Box reviews”