Amodel DH Dove

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Gregers
Forum founder

Amodel DH Dove

Post by Gregers »

At long last a gap is being filed in my wants list. Amodel have released an injection molded DH Dove. This saves hacking an Airfix Herron and a difficult bit of surgery lowering the fuselage cross section. The kit is molded in Amodels usual grey plastic and looks very good on the sprue. Two canopies are provided and the doves unusual aerial mount is provided as a seperate part. There is a small etch fret and a choice of two civil schemes. This at just over £30 is quite expensive but considrring the subject matter and the fine molding I consider it worth the cost. (I have set two aside for myself at work) pics added below.

All the best.

Greg
Attachments
20171020_152421.jpg
20171020_152421.jpg (117.04 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Re: Amodel DH Dove

Post by lancfan »

This is also on my long term wants list Greg, I want to build the BBMF Devon and need this kit to do so, this has only yet appeared on the Hannants web site as a future release- do tiger models have it now? if so please PM me.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

It’s a kit that has been on my wish list for years, as I have flown in several RN Doves, but the price is just a tad too much for me.

Thanks for the review Greg.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Eric Mc
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Eric Mc »

That will please Irish AIr Corps modellers. I'm sure I'll try to track one down at Telford. I built the Rareplane one decades ago (long since disappeared).
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Hi Eric. The company I work for (Tiger Hobbies) will be taking stock of these to telford.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
ronbow
Active Participant

Post by ronbow »

I have one of the old Airfix Heron kits of this in my stash, But I always seem to make a pigs ear out of these 1/72 airliners :cry:
IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
I love the smell of avgas in the morning!
"there is not a difficult task in plastic modelling; if it becomes hard, it's because the wrong way had been chosen" (Unknown)
Unless I'm making it!

"RONBOW"

Return to “In-Box reviews”