Orion 1/72 German WW2 Panzer Soldiers Basic Set 1

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
mjatx
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Orion 1/72 German WW2 Panzer Soldiers Basic Set 1

Post by mjatx »

I've been spending more time adding figures to my models and trying to build more vignettes and dioramas with the kits, but one of the biggest issues I'm having is finding decent figures. The ones included with a model kit are normally added as an after thought. This is especially true in 1/72.

Figure I'd give Orion a try. The box of 52 figures in 13 poses was relatively inexpensive and the poses looked better than the "Pointing Officer" figure that seems to be included in every AFV kit.

Front of box

Back of box

One sprue, four times.

Close ups

Even has the "Officer Pointing" figure.

They have good details on the clothing, with relaxed and realistic poses (just like in real life, there are a lot of guys just standing around with only one or two working!) :lol:

There is a decent amount of flash, and some seam lines, but nothing too outrageous. The facial expressions are nice, but some of the details are a little soft.

The uniforms are your standard Panzer crew outfits, and will work for most periods of the war. It would have been nice to have one or two guys with berets for the early war years, but there are a few guys with no hats that could be used for an early models.

Overall, it's a nice set, especially for the price and number of figures you get. I'd like to see more offered for Allied figures in 1/72. There are many more options for German personnel and I've only had limited luck finding GOOD Allied ones, especially for AFVs.
celt
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Orion 1/72 German WW2 Panzer Soldiers Basic Set 1

Post by celt »

They look very nice,never heard of Orion though.
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Re: Orion 1/72 German WW2 Panzer Soldiers Basic Set 1

Post by splash »

Cheers for the review, I will look out for more from that company as the figures look good.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.

Return to “In-Box reviews”