Academy Spitfire Mk XIVc 1/72

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
AceSeafire
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Academy Spitfire Mk XIVc 1/72

Post by AceSeafire »

I am building this at the moment and was asked for an in box review of the kit...so here it is :-)

Sprue shots (i'd already made a start on this kit when these were taken)

The detail on the model is very finely engraved and looks excellent to my (untrained) eye:

Academy provide 2 lots of cockpit canopy, one for displaying the canopy open and one for closed. The door is also optionally open or closed to match:

Instructions are straight forward although the painting/decal diagram could be better! There is no side view given to help with camo etc.

Decals are in register and the seatbelt decal is a nice touch. I imagine they'll be annoying to apply as with Academy decals in general but can't confirm as I haven't got that far yet.

AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: Academy Spitfire Mk XIVc 1/72

Post by AndrewR »

It goes together well, but looks a bit, er, portly, when you put it alongside other Spitfire kits. It's not so bad displayed on its own. The underwing coolers are also the wrong shape in cross section. It has a nice interior though.

Cheers

Andrew
Up in the Great White North
wbk666
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by wbk666 »

i was thinking the same, it looks a bit "chubby" around the middle... a bit like me haha
2012 - A-133 B-55 C-1

Build What You Want, The Way You Want To, but above all, HAVE FUN!!!
Chuck E
Established 1949

Post by Chuck E »

Mine looked OK out of the box, though I did replace the radiators with vac formed ones.
So many models, so little time.

Return to “In-Box reviews”