Sword Harrier T2/ T2a / TAV8A

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Gregers
Forum founder

Sword Harrier T2/ T2a / TAV8A

Post by Gregers »

Sword Harrier T2/2A T AV8A

I have to admit I thought twice about buying this kit with it’s £13.99 price tag (even after allowing for my 20% discount at the Aircraft Museum) and walked away without it at first Especially as I have two Bobkit T4’s to go at already. Well. I went back to the Museum the next day and picked it up again. Decided I would try it and bought it. Opening the open end box (When will manufacturers realise that ‘tray’ type boxes are preferred by most modellers – I know they would add a few pence to the price of each kit but it would be worth it –
What’s inside.
A nice pre coloured etch set for seat parts, Belts, HUD’s, Instrument panels and the various aerials that festoon the Harrier T-bird. Bagged separately. As are the six clear parts for the canopy, interior wind shield and two light lenses.
One resin piece for the air-brake insert
Two blue grey sprues for the main pieces, incidentally I had a set of exhausts separate from the main sprue as I have one of the ‘HOT’ nozzles missing from the main sprue. There is also a choice of three different fin/rudders, four weapons pylons and two fuel tanks and two Aden cannon pods and strakes that are fitted if the Adens are not in place.
The decals are very nice and in register (Though not bagged separately) and are for the following:-
T2 of the RAF 223 OCU, 1975
TAV8A of the USMC VMAT-203 ‘HAWKS’ USS Roosevelt, 1976
T2A of3sqn RAF Wildenrath Germany 1976
If it goes together as well as it looks it’ll be a good kit but I foresee problems lining up the fuselage halves.

Rear of box showing options.

Sprue shot.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
MerlinJones

Re: Sword Harrier T2/ T2a / TAV8A

Post by MerlinJones »

At £14, it still works out cheaper than any resin conversion set, or resin kit...and the Bobcat kits are basic and few and far between. It's a bit of a must for any Harrier collection.

Regards,
Bruce
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Re: Sword Harrier T2/ T2a / TAV8A

Post by JamesPerrin »

I'm definitely getting one at some point.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “In-Box reviews”