Mach 2 Bloch 174 of Antoine de Saint Exupery

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Mach 2 Bloch 174 of Antoine de Saint Exupery

Post by bluesteel »

Comes in a firm top opening box and the picture on the lid says it uses the Heller artwork from their 1/72nd Bloch 174, I thought I recognised it from somewhere...

One page instructions are very basic, and lots of dry fitting will be called for I suspect:

The decals look OK, one set for St. Exupery's Bloch during the Battle of France, No 42 'Hatchet Squadron'

Transparent parts that aren't. I just hope Klear will improve as I don't fancy smash moulding replacements.

The fuselage halves with the trademark Mach 2 multiple injection marks through a ot of the interior detail. this will have to be cleaned up.

The other four sprues are typical short run, lots of flash and will need a great deal of cleaning up and trial fits before gluing in place. But... the surface detail is quite good, fine panel lines and a fair amount of detail. Not sure of the accuracy as I haven't any accurate 1/48th plans to measure it against. But I'm sure it'll look like a Block 174 if I ever get around to building it!

Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Mach 2 Bloch 174 of Antoine de Saint Exupery

Post by PaulBradley »

Hmmm, doesn't look too bad, though, as you say, the 'transparencies' could be interesting...

A typical short-run kit - lots of clean up and dry fitting.

Thanks for sharing, Julian - I appreciate it!
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"

Return to “In-Box reviews”